The Alberta Electric System Operator is responsible for the safe, reliable, and economic planning and operation of the Alberta Interconnected Electric System. We provide open and non-discriminatory access to Alberta's interconnected power grid and also facilitate Alberta's competitive wholesale electricity market which, in 2019, had 194 pool participants and approximately $7 Billion in annual energy transactions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable, professional leader to join our Communications team.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Manager, Communications is responsible for the strategic design, development and implementation of diverse internal and external communication activities for the AESO. This role is responsible for managing and leading a team that is accountable for corporate communications, stakeholder relations, public affairs, media relations and managing the AESO brand.
SIGNS YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING IN THIS TEAM:
- You like working in a diverse and inclusive atmosphere
- our team and colleagues have varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to embark on transformative change
- You enjoy working in a team of bright communications, stakeholder engagement and creative professionals
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter, a creative thinker who can pivot and adapt with ease.
SIGNS YOU WILL ENJOY THIS ROLE:
- You are highly organized and able to prioritize and manage complex, multiple programs meeting overall requirement and deadlines
- You have a natural leadership style that allows you to manage, coach and develop your team to reach and strive for quality results
- Your communication style is one that allows you to act, with ease, as an official spokesperson for the AESO
- You have strength in customizing messages and approaches depending on the audience you are dealing with
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or political science OR a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum 5 years of experience supervising and coaching team members
- Experience in strategic communication planning, stakeholder relations and acting as official spokesperson for an organization.
Application deadline: August 31, 2020 at 11:59pm MDT via AESO Careers site
The Alberta Electric System Operator is unable to accept unsolicited agency resumes.
The Alberta Electric System Operator, and its members, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the "AESO") is committed to protecting personal information provided to it. By submitting your personal information to the AESO for the purpose of pursuing employment with the AESO, you hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the AESO, in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Alberta, as amended from time to time.