Your job is to take our innovative new products to market. The Product Marketing Manager position is a downstream marketing role that will work closely with Product Managers to develop marketing collateral, sales training support, website content, product presentations, and other material in order to drive demand and adoption of our products. The Product Marketing Manager will support the sales, customer success, support, and marketing teams and is responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of the industry, competitive landscape, and customer needs.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for your products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
- Understand the buyer
- be the expert on your buyers, their purchasing journey and their buying criteria; work with Product Managers to develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market.
- Market expertise
- gather competitive intelligence, market trends and new technologies to bring back to your product teams in driving innovation; be the expert on your competition and how to win against them. Serve as subject matter expert to address technical questions from internal and external stakeholders
- Sales enablement
- communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Content production
- Work with various teams to support new product and service introductions, marketing content, and sales training materials.
- Launch coordination
- plan the launch of new features, release schedules and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan. Support Product Management, Sales and Success on Demand to develop product launch packages that include product messaging, value proposition, objection handling, competitive analysis, sales guides, and other content.
- Drive adoption
- develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand and adoption for your products
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related technical discipline preferred
- Prior knowledge experience in SaaS and/or digital marketing considered an asset
- Exceptional professional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects and execute with a sense of urgency
- Skilled at working with and leading cross-functional teams in a high-tech organization
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking with both qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt changing priorities
- Highly-motivated with ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team setting
- Approachable and passionate problem-solver