ENGLISH-LANGUAGE COPYWRITER & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (hereafter “SNJM”) is a Roman Catholic religious institute founded in 1843. Our mission is to foster the full development of the person through education, social justice, contemplation and the arts. Our values and mission are always at the source of our actions, in collaboration with SNJM associates and lay partners.
The General Administration (“GA”) of the SNJM is seeking an English-language Copywriter & Graphic Designer, to occupy a part-time position, based in Vieux-Longueuil, assisting us in the advancement of our mission.
Under the guidance of the SNJM Congregational Leadership Team (“CLT”), within the oversight of the Executive Director of the SNJM General Administration (“ED”) and in tandem with the Senior Communications’ Specialist, the selected candidate will apply the necessary competencies:
- To support the philosophy, goals, objectives, bilingual functioning and programs set forth the CLT,
- by creating print and digital content intended for internal or public readerships and audiences, informing them of the SNJM’s mission and activities.
RANGE OF TASKS AND DUTIES
In collaboration with colleagues, the Graphic Designer may execute any of the following tasks and duties:
- Design brochures, newsletters, surveys, forms, news releases, correspondence, announcements – to be published on either in print or on digital platforms.
- Manage the website’s content.
- Write texts, articles, and feature stories; think-up headlines and photos caption. Also proofreading and editing of copy written by contributors.
- Maintain a library of the GA’s digital assets, including logos, images, video and audio files, documents, and presentations.
- Participate in photo and video shoots, and audio recordings, as needed.
- Continuously update the GA’s English Facebook wall and any other social media.
- Actively collaborate with communication personnel from other religious communities and other SNJM provinces; use information acquired and opportunities identified that could be conducive to improving communications for the GA.
- Perform any other related assigned duties.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To represent our SNJM mission optimally, we are looking for a person who is mission-oriented and may demonstrate the following competencies and skillset:
- Above average English-language writing skills and experience (may be tested)
- Successful completion of a recognized professional graphic design program
- Strong and varied print graphic and writing portfolio
- Proficiency using Illustrator, InDesign and WordPress (will be tested)
- Actualisation to latest design trends, standards and technologies.
- Experience creating and broadcasting e-newsletters (MailChimp or other).
- Capacity to create complex PowerPoint documents
- English/French oral bilingualism a must (will be tested)
- Capacity to partake in a collaborative and supportive team environment
- Capacity to move projects from conception to completion
- Competence within the Windows environment, and familiarity with IOS and Android
- PLUSES: Experience working in a religious institution, a charity or NFP organization, and familiarity in Spanish
Part-time staff position -- 20 hours per week.
Competitive salary dependant on experience and qualifications.
Wide range of benefits, including medical, dental, life, long-term disability, personal days and generous pension plan.
Free parking space at Vieux-Longueuil workplace and easy access by metro & bus.
Respectful, collaborative colleagues, pleasant environment
Important Application Requirements
Only applicants who include a presentation letter and a link to their portfolio with their résumé will be considered. The absence of a letter, a c.v. or a portfolio link will disqualify the application.
Applicants selected for interview may be tested to evaluate proficiency level of some skills.
Apply via email at: No later than Sept. 17, 2020.