Canada Life Group Customer Marketing, Communications & Field strategies is looking for a Marketing Communication Specialist to support group retirement services and group benefits.
You'll to plan and deliver creative marketing campaigns and business communications for group benefits and group retirement customers. These audiences include internal sales and service teams, to plan sponsors and even plan members
- everyday Canadians just like you.
You'll take complicated concepts and turn them into engaging copy that's clear to our customers who rely on Canada Life to help them save for retirement and cover health expenses. As an advocate for this customer, your excellent writing skills and creative collaboration with marketing and design teams will bring messages to life.
You bring a critical thinking skillset that informs your decisions when it comes making sure the right audiences get the right information, at the right time, in the right way. You're critical thinking extends to your prioritization and time management allowing you to think and act quickly to solve communications challenges strategically and creatively.
You're an approachable collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The team is located in London and Winnipeg, but we're accepting applications in the provinces of Ontario and Manitoba with full time work-from-home capabilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO EVERY DAY:
- Develop and execute a variety of strategic, creative, high-quality marketing communications independently or with the support of a Communications Associate
- Help develop and execute creative campaigns for our largest clients (major Canadian brands) to support their marketing and business goals
- Craft content and copy that is creative, compelling, well-timed and appropriate for the audience
- Provide guidance on tactics and delivery options
- Advocate for new communication capabilities to elevate delivery effectiveness
- Ensure communication and brand consistency
- Provide creative briefing to media teams (print, digital, video), business partners and outside vendors
- Co-ordinate and deliver communications plans
- Present to various internal audiences to lead and persuade
- In collaboration with a team, provide communications expertise and guidance to field sales and service teams
YOU'LL FIND SUCCESS IF YOU HAVE:
- Three to five years of communications experience in writing, communications, public relation
- A degree in English, Journalism or Media and Information and/or a post-secondary diploma in communications
- Strong demonstrated business writing and marketing writing skills
- you'll need to submit samples or do writing exercises as part of the selection process
- Demonstrated creativity
YOU'LL FIT BEST WITH OUR TEAM IF YOU'RE:
- Self-motivated, highly organized and be able to multi-task
- Adaptable to changing priorities and able to hit moving deadlines
- Collaborative, open and positive communicator
- Known for your interpersonal skills
- Passionate, energetic and enthusiastic
- Detail oriented when it matters and flexible when you need to be
- Driven to get the job done, sometimes outside of traditional work hours
- Innovative and like to try new things
- Comfortable in fast-paced team environment
- Good at finding a way forward, even without all the information
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted