As a Tourism Chilliwack team member, the Destination Marketing Manager is responsible for the effective and professional development and delivery of our destination marketing and development activities as outlined in the annual destination marketing tactical plan. The manager collaborates with local, regional, and provincial stakeholders to grow the volume and value of the tourism economy in Chilliwack.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Implement the annual marketing tactical plan that aligns with the Five Year Strategic Business Plan in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Manage brand identity and integrity.
- Deliver the marketing tactics including revenue generation, execution and measurement.
- Develop strong working relationships with marketing partners to work towards our vision of becoming a ?wow? destination.
- Create, develop and manage content for Tourism Chilliwack's online presence specifically on tourismchilliwack.com, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Collaborate both proactively and reactively with Destination BC regarding travel media and trade opportunities.
Partnership & Product Development
- Seek out, support and identify destination development activities.
- Seek out grants and other funding sources to support destination and product development initiatives.
- Provide timely and relevant information and resources to the tourism industry with the overall goal of enhancing the quality of our tourism partners.
- Collaborate with the City of Chilliwack, Fraser Valley Regional District and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that the tourism economy is considered in all facets of community and regional development.
- Implement the communications plan including the enewsletter and social media management, hosting semi-annual engagement opportunities with key groups, etc.
Other Result Areas
- Prepare and submit monthly activity and performance reports to the Executive Director.
- Attend public functions and tourism events at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Other duties as from time to time required by Tourism Chilliwack.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Proficient at Adobe Illustrator and Indesign is a must.
- Tourism, marketing, or Business certificate, diploma or degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Digital Marketing
- knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Proficiency and understanding of SEO management, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Advanced knowledge of website back ends and experience with popular content management systems.
- 5 years of experience in marketing preferably tourism related
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing skills
- Basic Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop skills
- A comprehensive understanding of the BC tourism industry
- Knowledgeable about Chilliwack and the local tourism industry
- Valid BC driver's license and access to a personal vehicle
- Valid passport and the ability to travel to the United States and other international destinations
- The standard hours of work during a week is 37.5 hours, though may vary from time to time depending on activities and events.
- Salary/Wage: 40,000
Job Application Process:
Please send your resume with a cover letter outlining why this opportunity is a great fit for you. Only those short listed will be contacted and interviewed.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 4, 2020.