Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is a senior leadership position within Epilepsy Association of Calgary (EAC). The Manager is supported by and responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Association's Marketing and Events Coordinator. The Manager leads operations in two key areas: marketing and promotion of the Association's programming and services, and donor development and engagement to improve the awareness and engagement of community members with an interest in epilepsy. Stewarding donor data and insights, the Manager also plays a key role in data governance.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, strategizes the goals for the marketing portfolio and ensures successful achievement of annual goals and targets
- Creates and implements the annual, monthly and weekly marketing calendar
- Optimizes the Association's social media and channels to maximize audience engagement that supports broader awareness, advocacy and donor support
- Researches, curates and creates content and develops/designs external communications (ie. posters, advertisements, award submissions, media releases, website articles, presentations, etc.) to raise awareness of the Association's service offerings, volunteer opportunities, special events / celebrations, observances and campaigns
- Conducts post-project analysis and reporting for continuous process improvement and tracks, measures and reports results against desired goals
- Sources and maintains strategic connections with content influencers
- be they advocates, researchers, or interesting people with a story relevant to our mission and mandate are an opportunity to enter into the larger conversation.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, prepares the annual report to community to highlight achievements, thank supporters and inspire interest in the Association's activities
- Supports the Executive Director in identifying and pursuing opportunities that raise the profile of the Association through local media and events
- Designs and executes a plan to broaden and diversify the Associations donor base including online donations, monthly donations, in tribute/memoriam donors and other forms of engagement to develop a pipeline for future gifts
- Builds, executes, manages and measures the Association's direct donations program with the goal of increasing a base of recurring donations
- Applies industry tools and analytics to enhance donor identification and cultivation
- Ensures donor contacts and actions are recorded in the fundraising database and maintains the integrity of donor data
- Uses campaigns and events strategically to raise the Association's profile to create meaningful opportunities for donor and member engagement, ensuring that the event goals are clear and achieved
- Works with the Manager of Programs to construct donor relations strategy(s) that leverage the Association's peer facilitation (volunteer) program and network and other participant-facing initiatives to enhance the association's brand ambassadorship
- Promotes the Association in ways that grow interests in third parties with events to generate greater engagement across Southern AB.
- Monitors trends in the community and industry to adapt donor / customer outreach and engagement strategies
Administration and Human Resource Management
- Provides instructions and guidance to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the Association's interaction with donors and supporters to ensure accurate record keeping, effective direct mail campaigns and oversees website updates to ensure they are in keeping with the desired brand and professionalism
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, assesses candidates for and hire suitable support(s) for day- to-day marketing and events/campaign coordination, including volunteers
- Establishes priorities for, oversees and provides feedback on the day-to-day work of the Association's Marketing Coordinator
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, clearly articulates project goals, activities, timelines and budgets to others.
- Develops and models best practices approaches in donor recognition, stewardship and program development.
- Participates in activities to develop and share new ideas that will result in better work practices and collective, team-based success to achieve target fundraising results.
The Manager, Marketing and Donor Relations supports the Association's Strategic Priorities 2, 4 and 5:
Promotes the Association by:
- Contributing to overall efforts to coordinate and correlate the efforts of individuals and of organized bodies interested in the well-being of persons with epilepsy.
- Financial Sustainability
Builds a diversified funding base by:
- Engaging a broader community of donors and supporters know to exist because of the likelihood of being connected to someone with a diagnosis, or past history with epilepsy
Raises the profile of the Association in locally, provincially and nationally to:
- Become known as the organization of choice for those in Southern AB seeking support, understanding and compassion around epilepsy.
- Establish itself as a leading commentator on social issues pertaining to epilepsy.
- Honor, reflect and draw from the very best of our history as we pursue a future where mystery, shame and fear of stigma no longer surround a diagnosis of epilepsy
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in fundraising, marketing, communications, or related field. A combination of relevant education and experience, including business development or sales, may be considered.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in growing and engaging a donor or customer base, background in sales an asset
- Experience working with industry-standard CRM systems in the cultivation of donor leads and relationships
- Sound knowledge of best practices in donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship
- Prior experience leading digital and social media marketing to build brand awareness and engagement
Key skills and Personal Attributes
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive team player
- Creative and intellectually curious, possessing a strategic mindset
- Exceptional oral/written/digital communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others through public speaking and presentations
- Ambition to contribute towards building brand and developing other key relationships to further the Association's mandate and base of financial supporters
- Creative problem solver with proven ability to execute while working within financial constraints
- Comfort and familiarity in interacting with individuals and communities dealing with a neurological disorder and/or chronic health issues
- Willingness to work to a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the role
- Office environment / Virtual with some field work (content gathering), access to reliable transportation required
- Flexible working arrangements (remote work, hours of work), depending on day-to-day requirements of role and must be able to work occasional evening and weekends
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Parking on site
- Cellphone allowance
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the 20,000 people living with epilepsy in Calgary and their network of family and supports
ABOUT EPILEPSY ASSOCIATION OF CALGARY
Epilepsy Association of Calgary offers a range of community-based supports to those living with or affected by epilepsy. Our mandate includes support and encouragement for living well with epilepsy and to promote a better understanding of epilepsy and seizures within the broader community. Epilepsy Association of Calgary has served Calgary and surrounding area for 65 years and is a charter member of the Canadian Epilepsy Alliance, a national network of community-based associations with similar mandates.
Epilepsy Association of Calgary is an inclusive and progressive employer. We encourage diversity. A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with education and experience awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and letter of interest via Isarta with subject line: Manger, Marketing and Donor Relations. Qualified candidates will be interviewed on an ongoing basis as applications are received. The role will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.