TITLE: Communications & Social Media Coordinator
DATE: August 2020
DEPARTMENT : Marketing & Communications
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications
STATUS: Regular Full-Time
Second Harvest is Canada's largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for a creative and dedicated team player to join our team as the Communications & Social Media Coordinator. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications, this position is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of communications materials and programs, as well as executing Second Harvest's digital media marketing strategy across all departments.
We are looking for a polished and passionate communicator who is savvy with digital media platforms and is eager to promote the Second Harvest brand and message. The Communications & Social Media Coordinator will personally create content for the organization's various platforms in order to build the online Second Harvest community, as well as track and report on metrics.
- Participate in the planning, development, and implementation of communications activities and social media strategy, in collaboration with Marketing & Communications department.
- Maintain editorial calendar for digital marketing.
- Provide communications support by planning, drafting, and delivering engaging communications pieces (newsletters, presentations, proposal decks and reports, etc.).
- Execute digital marketing plans, both organic and paid, on Second Harvest's social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Create digital media content: write copy, design graphics, and obtain approvals where appropriate.
- Maintain unified and authentic brand voice across different social media channels; ensure guidelines and standards are adhered to when designing digital media content.
- Maintain the brand's online presence through online engagement and social listening; respond to external direct messages, tagged posts, liking, and reply to posts, as needed.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to ensure social media needs are being met.
- Track and monitor analytics across all digital marketing platforms, providing reports and updates, as requested.
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations on how to improve Second Harvest's digital media effectiveness, as well as how to strategically channel communication plan in order to best leverage news items and stories; stay up to date with latest social media best practices, technologies, and trends.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Communicator: you have strong copywriting and copy-editing skills; you have the ability to create, curate, and deliver thought-provoking content across multiple channels.
- An Industry Expert: you are proficient with major social media platforms and social media management tools; you have the ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space.
- Detail-Oriented: you are proud of your work and know that cutting corners isn't an option.
- Energized: you are always ready to take on new things and have fun doing it.
- Flexible: constant change motivates you to adapt and grow.
- Analytical: data is your friend; you are able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency.
- Experience coordinating communications projects from start to finish (i.e. newsletters, presentations, proposal decks, and reports).
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
- Excellent social listening skills.
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- *Bilingualism would be considered a strong asset.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN:
- The opportunity to work for a purposeful organization.
- A whole lot of fun.
- Flexible hours and working arrangements.
Please submit your resume on or before August 26, 2020 via email, with ?COMMUNICATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR? We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.