peopleCare has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing family-based organization that provides outstanding care and exceptional experiences in long-term care and retirement living. Our staff are engaged, enthusiastic and strive to exceed expectations. We encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas and are always looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are also accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada's Qmentum program. This distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths include our investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, as we are growing fast as continue to expand our horizons and seek new opportunities to raise the bar in Changing the World of Senior Living! That's where your talents and ideas come in! If you enjoy challenges and working with people
- and want to create meaningful experiences for our residents, families, staff and partners!
- then apply to the great opportunity below!
The Communications Coordinator works collaboratively with other members of the peopleCare team and external stakeholders. Supports all aspects of communications and marketing and implements external and internal communications and community relations strategies and tactics on behalf of the organization.
Exceptional and creative writing ability is a must-have to develop high-quality, compelling communication, marketing and digital content that aligns with the peopleCare brand and helps us effectively share our story.
This position requires a high level of confidentiality, ability to set priorities and undertake multiple tasks, as well as attention to detail.
Reports to: Director, Strategic Communications
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Work closely with the Communications Director to develop and execute communication strategies and plans that support peopleCare's strategic priorities.
- In alignment with the communications and engagement strategy, plans, researches and writes a wide variety of materials such as memos, newsletters, stakeholder letters and more.
- Supports community and stakeholder engagement.
- Develops new and enhances existing high quality communication materials aligned with visual identity, brand and language standards and requirements.
- Develops and implements digital communications strategy and tactics, with an expertise to produce and publish timely and compelling content and enhance usability of our digital platforms.
- Researches, writes, edits, designs, publishes and promotes engaging, brand-aligned content and images across traditional and new communications channels with an emphasis on digital platforms.
- Develops training tools and provide hands-on training to support digital communications.
- Works with the Director to develop and execute marketing and advertising strategies that support our strategic priorities, build brand awareness and credibility and drive occupancy.
- Supports the retirement leadership team with their marketing and customer service needs, with a focus on mentorship to create the knowledge base for sustained independence and success.
- Assists with creating advertising plans through research with a strong ROI/value lens.
- Develops marketing collateral and promotional material for the organization as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or college diploma in Communications, Marketing, or related field, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years of experience in a communications role with minimum three years of experience developing and publishing digital communications. Some level of marketing experience with strong interest in the field is considered an asset.
- Gifted writer with a knack for packaging content in interesting ways. Skilled editor/proofreader.
- Proficient in web publishing/content management tools, applications, principles, and best practices.
- Experience in web analytics and reporting.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Graphic Design Course at a Community College or University an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications and strong working knowledge of virtual meeting solutions (e.g. Zoom).
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative. Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Manage confidential and sensitive information using tact and discretion.