Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Services, this position works out of the Strategy, Marketing and Communications (SMC) unit and is responsible for communications leadership and services within the Corporation. This position provides strategic marketing and communication, advice and direction, public and social media relations, writing, research, editing, and project and event co-ordination services to the Corporation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Research, coordinate, and provide advice and guidance to executive management and business units on branding, communications and marketing strategies, corporate advertising campaigns, media relations, digital campaigns, social media, writing, print/video/radio production, and internal communications strategies.
- Develop and build innovative marketing strategies and campaigns within a defined budget based on solid data, market research and analysis and present recommendations to management.
- Collaborates with a creative team to brainstorm and come up with branding ideas, graphic designs for the campaign and other promotional tactics that support business strategies and direction.
- Implements and follows brand marketing guidelines to ensure consistency throughout all SCIC campaigns.
- Work closely with customer service and program delivery on campaign execution.
- Understand social media platforms and develop external and internal strategies.
- Research, prepare, write, create, design and coordinate corporate news releases, annual reports, promotional print materials, articles for Ministry of Agriculture or industry publications, speeches, calendar, internal newsletters, and customer bulletins; and implement communications strategies that align with business goals.
- Help drive employee engagement and create a culture of enhanced information sharing through internal communications strategies.
- Create video storyboards and produce videos to align with corporate projects and initiatives.
- Monitor social media and traditional l media (print, television, radio, and public perception) for issues regarding SCIC programs to advise management and prepare responses and key messages.
- Help generate executive communications such as presentations, media briefs, customer letters, and speaking points.
- Review and edit corporate documents for clarity, grammar, and consistency.
- Provide coordination and planning for trade shows, media events and other special events.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
To be successful in this position you will need a university degree in journalism or business administration or Commerce majoring in marketing and a minimum of three years of experience in a marketing role. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered. Other qualifications include:
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills, with the ability to write and communicate complex concepts to senior leaders and senior government officials.
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and web-based content management systems and social media content management systems.
- Demonstrates integrity with a focus on service excellence and innovation.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Customer-focused with the ability to relate and appeal to the farming community.
- Self-starter with a promotional and creative aptitude.
- Familiarity with marketing methods, public relations techniques and social media.
- Familiarity with print and/or digital media.
- An in-depth knowledge of government operations and programs is preferable.
The successful candidate must possess a valid driver's license and willingness to travel throughout the province, present a work ethic supporting our corporate values and Saskatchewan agriculture and should the successful candidate participate in the Crop Insurance or AgriStability Programs, their account must be in good standing.