Job Description :
As a Senior Communications Specialist, you'll be part of a team developing primarily internal and some external communications for national audiences. Reporting to a senior leader of business communications, you'll develop and execute strategic communication plans and tactics in collaboration with business partners and subject matter experts. As an integral member of a high-performing team, your knowledge of communication best practices and ability to write for a variety of audiences will help you execute on plans that will support business strategy.
- Develop engaging content and copy for online and other communications media or internal, business unit or change communications
- Forge strong relationships with senior communication leads to ensure delivery of solutions that meet business needs
- Assess project communication needs and goals, identify audiences and audience needs and issues
- Develop communications strategies and plans, present strategic solutions to client groups to illustrate concepts and gain feedback
- Collaborate with other team members on creative solutions to meet project goals and schedules
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure consistent messages, positioning, timing and language for various internal and external audiences
- Manage projects to deliver on communication plans and timelines.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree relating to communications, and at least two years of related experience. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
- Outstanding communication skills with a demonstrated ability in writing, research and communications strategy development.
- Forward thinking, a problem-solver with project management skills and the ability to develop and execute strategic plans.
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects in a quality and timely manner, independently and under pressure.
- Strong creativity and collaboration and relationship-building skills and ability to work well with a national team working in different locations.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Proficiency with common office software.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint online would be considered a strong asset.
- Regular Full-Time/Regular Part-Time employees must have been in their current role for a minimum of one year or as otherwise specified in the employment offer contract.
- Temporary or Casual employees must wait until one month prior to the end of their assignment before applying.
- The employee must be demonstrating acceptable performance.
Note: The current leader's approval can override these requirements. In this case, the leader's signature must be included on the internal job application or an email from your leader must be sent to the respective HR Consultant.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we've made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company
- Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted