Staples Business Advantage is the contract business to business division of Staples, working with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management, and a complete assortment of products and services at a low total delivered cost. In addition to a complete selection of office products, Staples Advantage offers: Business Interiors by Staples, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Facility Solutions, Staples Print Solutions and Staples Promotional Products.
To learn more about Staples Business Advantage visit us at: staplesbusinessadvantage.ca
Junior Graphic Designer
The Junior Graphic Designer is responsible for supporting our business objectives through the creation of graphics for marketing, field support and product marketing.
(70%) Graphic Design
- Design and support the creation of advertising, sales collateral and other projects as assigned.
- Design collateral required for all lines of business including Office Products, Facilities, Furniture, Print, Technology, etc. as assigned.
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager
- Production and Field Support, on the creation of marketing collateral to support Canadian objectives from conception to completion.
- Work with Senior Graphic Designer to support custom field requests from the sales organization and national requirements.
- Ensure all collateral is based on design principles and are in accordance to branding guidelines.
- Prepare files for print and other promotional vehicles such as website, Salesforce and customization tools.
- Evaluate and prioritize projects based on business needs.
- Continuously keeping to current brand guidelines.
(20%) Maintain Image Requirements
- Maintain image requirements and loading into content management tool for both online and print.
- Work with Merchandising and Vendor contacts to acquire the necessary images in proper specifications.
- Ensure alignment with all team members on upcoming campaigns and test strategies through pre-campaign planning process.
- Identify and define improvements to the process to continuously improve the quality of images.
- Keep image specifications current and communicated to vendors for all product images.
(10%) Develop Partner Relationships
- Internal & External
- Participate in monthly Marketing team calls to review marketing initiatives to understand involvement and how to better support the business.
- Develop relationships with both internal and external vendors to execute integrated campaigns according to schedule.
- Participate in meetings with Merchandising and Sales to plan and execute marketing strategies.
Minimum 3 months
- 1 year experience in a graphic design role.
- Graphic Design Diploma.
- General Business knowledge of systems and processes
- Graphic design experience developing collateral for print and online
- Understanding of branding guidelines
- Experience liaising with creative and production teams
- Experience with providing marketing support for a sales force
- Excellent computer skills with an understanding of print and web standards
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, HTML
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites including InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator
- Good prioritization and time management skills necessary for fast paced multi-project environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, plus attention to detail
- An excellent team player or independent worker as required through the various stages of projects from inception to execution
- Proven ability to take the lead in providing creative
- Ability to work with a varied group of people, personalities and levels
- Flexibility of work hours are required to maintain project schedule
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and an accommodation will be provided during the hiring process if requested.