Marketing Content Coordinator
Location: Mt. Washington Alpine Resort, 1 Strathcona Parkway, Mt. Washington, BC
Employment Type: Full time, hourly, seasonal: winter 2020-2021
- November start
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Are you an innovative content creator with a deep passion for winter mountain sports? Do you have an artistic eye for photos and video? Do you thrive working in a fast paced, fun environment? Join our team!
Mt. Washington Alpine Resort is hiring a Content Coordinator for the 2020-2021 winter season. As the Content Coordinator, you will oversee all aspects of photo & video asset capture and production, as well as assist in elevating the brand content strategy. The role will involve frequent skiing/boarding to capture content for use in social media, marketing campaigns, events, and promotions.
We offer great benefits! Season's pass, retail discounts and more. Please see our website for more information: https://hr.mountwashington.ca/
- Capture and edit outstanding photo and video content for the resort
- Assist with developing brand content strategy, generating ideas, and producing storyboards
- Coordinate contracts with freelance photographers/videographers and ensure contractual requirements are fulfilled
- Organize all photo/video shoot logistics including sourcing models and scouting locations
- Help maintain social media channels and cultivate community engagement
- Complete other administrative and marketing duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- University/college degree, or equivalent experience matching responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Passion for winter sports and getting out in the mountains; you must be able to ski or snowboard at a minimum of a ?blue square? (average) level and be comfortable being outdoors for extended periods in all types of weather
- Available to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings, and weekends
- Experience in the ski/tourism industry would be an asset
When submitting your resume, we encourage you to also include a portfolio showcasing past projects.
Candidates wishing to pursue employment with Mt. Washington Alpine Resort should exhibit the following traits and competencies:
- Business Acumen: Able to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. Awareness of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the guest's and the organization's business needs.
- Improving Operations: Has the ability and motivation to apply one's knowledge and experience for improving upon current modes of operation within Mt. Washington Alpine Resort.
- Leadership: Has the desire to lead others, including diverse teams. Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, political climate, market dynamics and business priorities of the company.
- Empowerment: Able to share responsibility with individuals and groups so that they have a deep sense of commitment and ownership.
- Change Management: Able to support a change initiative that has been mandated within the organization. Can provide the ongoing guidance and support that will maintain enthusiasm and commitment to the change process.
- Holding People Accountable: Can set high standards of performance and holds team members, outside contractors, industry agencies, etc., accountable for results and actions.
- Communications: Openly communicates in an honest, persuasive and articulate manner.
- People Skills: Treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment and productivity. Develops others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Relationships/Guest Focus: Seeks and builds internal/external relationships and collaborations. Brings excellence to internal or external guests by focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their needs. Delivers and trains customer service as described in the Above and Beyond program.
- Results Focus: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the MWAR current and future business strategies.