Job Description :
Mackenzie Investments was founded in 1967 and is a leading investment management firm providing investment advisory and related services to retail and institutional clients. The company has $67.5 billion in assets under management, and as part of IGM (a subsidiary of the Power Financial Group of Companies), is the largest independent asset manager in Canada, with $170.4 billion.
Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child's postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the
following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
We are currently hiring an intern looking for a winter term position, January to April 2020 in our Vancouver Office. Candidates in an undergraduate program that will be returning to school after the internship to be eligible to apply.
- Research, build proposals/reports and present findings to senior management
- Review business processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist with project work dependent on business initiatives
- Work closely with the sales team providing support on fund comparisons, pricing research, performance research, competitive analysis, Salesforce & territory planning
- Potential for limited interaction with Advisors
- Currently enrolled in a relevant post-secondary education program
- Interest and passion for a career in the financial industry
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To apply, please include a cover letter, resume and transcripts (full unofficial version) by September 27th at 11:59pm EST.
Please visit our Student Career page by clicking on the following link:
https : //www.mackenzieinvestments.com/en/about/careers/student-new-graduate-career
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 00-20-18