Please Note: If you are a current Hydro Ottawa employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
By generating and distributing power, each person at Hydro Ottawa is part of empowering the lives of people in the communities we serve.
Our work means all the activities that make up our lives
- at home, at work, at play
- are there when we need them.
That purpose unites us and fuels our work. And if joining us in this essential work energizes you too, we may have the opportunity for you
Under the direction of the Manager, Media and Public Affairs, the Content and Communications Planning Officer is responsible for curating and producing social media content for Hydro Ottawa and its affiliate companies that engage and inform our both the general public and key stakeholder audiences, including the media, our shareholder and other external stakeholders. The Officer provides communications advice based on sound analysis and knowledge of social media best practices; strategically developing communications products to ensure that the integrity and reputation of the companies are protected and preserved..
The essential responsibilities of the job include, but are not necessarily restricted to the following:
- Recommend and implement social media strategies and content planning programs for social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Periscope.
- Prepare content for social media, and engage in social media conversations on behalf of the company in a way that preserves and enhances public perception of the company and the industry.
- Collaborate with internal clients and other Communications and Public Affairs colleagues, as required, to develop, implement and measure Hydro Ottawa's social media strategies. Ensure proposed strategies align with organizational objectives and division deliverables.
- Write and disseminate a variety of social media products, including social media content, articles and blogs.
- Organize and lead the cross-divisional social media team meetings, working collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to create and maintain a comprehensive communications calendar.
- Monitor analytics and emerging trends in social media, suggest opportunities to increase engagement on social media.
- Work as part of an issues-driven team to anticipate, identify and take appropriate action on emerging trends, concerns, or issues affecting Hydro Ottawa. Prepare briefings for senior management, as required.
- Monitor traditional media and social media channels, identify emergent issues and suggest strategies for managing those issues.
- Research, write, review and edit a variety of oral, print and online communications products for both internal and external stakeholders that could be at times confidential or time sensitive.
- As a member of the Crisis Communications Team, react quickly and effectively to crises which present a reputational risk.
- Ensure the organization's key branding standards are maintained consistently across all channels.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Independently monitor all communications activities to ensure desired results are delivered and objectives are met.
- Perform budget-related administrative duties including soliciting quotes from outside suppliers.
- Support divisional reporting requirements. Develop monthly social media reports, collect analytics and communicate results effectively.
- Maintain an inventory of corporate materials for reporting purposes, corporate history, and internal knowledge transfer.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A post-secondary education in an appropriate field such as public relations, journalism, communications, marketing, or equivalent.
- Several years of progressive relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the energy sector.
- In depth knowledge of media and social media platforms, monitoring tools, metrics and analytics.
- Experience planning, developing and implementing social media campaigns, projects or activities.
- Knowledge of design software and HTML.
- Knowledge of marketing communications strategies and tools.
- English essential, both oral and written
- Bilingual (English/French) essential, both oral and written
- Valid Ontario driver's license
- Class G
If this position interests you, please apply by 11:59pm the day before the job posting end date listed.
The terms and conditions of employment for this position are governed by the collective agreement between Hydro Ottawa Limited and IBEW Local 636.
Pay Range Minimum:
Pay Range Maximum:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
September 4, 2020
Hydro Ottawa is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.