Closing date for internal CUPE applicants
Internal CUPE applicants must submit their application by 4pm on the ?closing date for internal CUPE applicants? for their Seniority to be recognized. If the position is still open after that date they will be considered alongside external applicants.
Applications will be reviewed commencing the ?closing date for internal CUPE applicants? and may continue until the position is filled
Auxiliary (Over 4 Months)
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
The Hours of work are subject to change depending upon departmental requirements
The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 7 hours a day, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The Communications Coordinator plans, coordinates and delivers a range of communications and events for the departments in the Faculty of Student Development. The Coordinator oversees divisional and departmental communication plans based on TRU Brand, TRU's Strategic Priorities and departmental strategic goals. Communications and events coordination involves the development of departmental communications plans, advertising campaigns, activities, projects and events ensuring brand adherence. The position supports the broad communication and marketing strategies established by the Faculty of Student Development. The position liaises with a variety of on-campus departments including Marketing and Communications, TRU World, the Office of Student Recruitment & Liaison, IT Services, Printshop, Ancillary Services and also liaises with relevant off-campus community stakeholders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and coordinates the development of a comprehensive Communication Plan and individual departmental communication plans linked to the TRU Brand, TRU's Strategic Priorities and departmental strategic goals.
- Creates and maintains divisional/department communications and events required to engage relevant internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, staff, alumni and employers.
- Plans, coordinates and liaises with stakeholders on a variety of communication needs and event planning within the strategic goals set out by the division/department, ensuring brand adherence.
- Assists in the design, development and delivery of communications. Ensures that project criteria standards and timelines are met within established guidelines.
- Monitors, tracks and makes recommendations on optimizing all digital communication, including social media.
- Creates and maintains repositories of all internal and external communication needs for recurring events and projects.
- Oversees content curation and development for individual departments.
- Provides research and project assistance on communication and event planning to the division/department.
- Prepares reports and presentations according to project requirements.
- Maintains currency in marketing and communications trends, theories and practices.
- Stays up to date on relevant copyright and privacy laws and standards.
- Assigns and coordinates some of the work of the Work Study and/or Coop students in Student Services.
Assistant Dean of Students
- Grade 12 plus 2 year Diploma in relevant discipline (e.g., Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Events, Convention or Hospitality Management)
- 2 years related experience, including:
- Experience with event management
- Experience with content curation, writing, editing and designing for print and digital media
- Demonstrated experience in internal/external communications and marketing
- Experience working with a team
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to coordinate appropriate workload plans within complex systems
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to write, edit and design content for news and marketing publications
- Demonstrated advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office or comparable software, Adobe Suite and desktop publishing skills
- Demonstrated experience working with Active Content Management systems: WordPress, or other website maintenance experience, including HTML code
- Demonstrated understanding of Google Analytics and SEO
- Advanced knowledge of current communication trends and practices, including social media, video development and teleconferencing
- Advanced knowledge of the event planning industry
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines and project requests; attention to detail
- Ability to work independently within established accountability and timeline guidelines
- Proven ability to collaborate, problem solve and effectively develop relationships
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to serving diverse students and stakeholders
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- General office conditions
- Ability to lift weights up to 10kg
- Travel required
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, External Candidates will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
CUPE Grade 08 $29.20
Please Note: This position may be subject to a 90% salary for the first 560 hours of employment.
Thompson Rivers University
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about living in Kamloops and Thompson Rivers University please visit our Web Site. and follow the links on the Left "Why Work at TRU" or "Why Live in Kamloops"