IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $170.4 billion in total assets under management as of July 31, 2020. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience
- we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
Creativity. Strategy. Nimbleness. Team. It's what powers us and sets us apart. With transformational leadership and the development of a truly innovative and integrated Marketing organization, it's an exciting time to be in Marketing at Mackenzie! We're building deeper client relationships, leveraging client insights, innovative media and engaging content via digital and social growth channels to build a fresh Marketing approach that differentiates us from traditional investment Marketing. This role is an incredible opportunity to have significant, transformational impact on the organization and business.
The Product Marketing Team plays a pivotal role at Mackenzie by leading the development of strategic Marketing plans that are aligned with Mackenzie's corporate goals, objectives, and strategies.
The Director, Product Marketing is responsible for providing planning and oversight in developing strategic marketing initiatives and implementing product-focused marketing campaigns and programs. This role involves a high level of strategic input, proactive ownership, independent drive, team-based collaboration, as well as a proven results-driven approach to successfully promote Mackenzie's products, services and solutions.
Also included in this mandate, the Director will develop creative and logical recommendations to business/marketing problems by linking facts and insights from multiple sources (e.g. market research, competitive intelligence, client insights, industry reports, academic literatures and etc). This includes identifying, understanding and reconciling any shifts in business needs, advisor and client insights and competitive and industry trends that may impact Mackenzie Investments or the financial services sector as a whole, recognizing the implications and proposing the appropriate strategies across various business units to address them.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Drive the marketing planning process for Mackenzie's multi-asset solutions and alternatives business, including cross-functional collaboration to determine potential strategic opportunities for multi-channel and multi-segment initiatives
- Translate strategic marketing plans into tactical plans inclusive of content, campaigns, editorial, digital and media
- Build and manage close relationships with key business partners, both inside and outside of marketing, to understand and influence their strategies and priorities
- Proactive assessment and identification of current and long-term opportunities that position Mackenzie Investments' product solutions within the marketplace.
- Rigorously analyze sales trends and client needs to identify short- and long-term opportunities for competitively positioning Mackenzie's products. Combine sales trend analysis with performance analysis to assist in determining strategic or tactical marketing activity.
- Maintain a defined suite of support material, ensuring timely updates and a consistent brand format.
- Champion, lead and develop a team of product marketers.
- Manage a portion of the product marketing budget.
- A minimum of 10 years in Marketing, with at least 8 years of Product Marketing experience gained within the financial services industry or comparable product marketing experience in other industries.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, asset categories and investment products, including alternatives and multi-asset solutions.
- Superior strategic planning and product marketing and communications capabilities required.
- Proven success working with sales and product management/investment teams.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills at multiple levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A track record of results in Product Marketing.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint and Excel.
- A University degree with an emphasis on Marketing, Business Administration or Economics.
- MBA, CFA, CIM an asset.
- CSC preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the ?apply for this job? icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the ?email this job? option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by September 7, 2020. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. This position is a career level L9.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 20-103