The Communications Coordinator provides critical day-to-day support for all aspects of internal communications for Sienna Senior Living, with the overall objective of building our organizational culture, driving engagement among team members, residents and their families, shareholders and other key stakeholders. The Coordinator will specifically support internal communications among our Shared Services Office (SSO), Long-Term Care and Retirement Communities. And as part of the broader Marketing & Communications Team, the Coordinator may also contribute to additional projects supporting the broader team mandate. The Coordinator will work with functional and operational teams to understand communication needs and opportunities, draft related project plans and follow through with execution, which may include written, video or electronic communications development.
- Support the organization in developing and executing strategic communications that foster a culture of engagement, pride and empowerment
- Work closely with the Managers of Team and LTC/RET Communications to deliver strong, engaging communications across multiple channels
- Develop close relationships with the functional and operational teams to understand communication opportunities and plan appropriately
- Support pandemic or other crisis related communications including updates to dashboards, website, newsletters, Town Halls and other platforms
- In written, video or electronic formats, tell the Sienna and residence stories across the organization, sharing wins, successes, community work, resident experiences and more
- Manage intranet and Team App (under development) content on a daily basis, ensuring a regular flow of content and interaction among team members
- Identify opportunities to improve our communications, leveraging new technologies, media and processes
- Support and coordinate internal events (virtual or in-person), including Town Hall meetings, BBQs, Holiday Lunch, etc.
- Provide communications support to the People Team, to enhance materials and activities that will build our corporate culture including onboarding, policies, etc.
- 2-3 years' experience in a communications role, preferably focused on internal communications
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in public relations, communications or a related field
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong technology skills, with specific understanding of Office 365, Sharepoint, Team Rooms, Zoom and social media
- Attention to detail, well-organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Healthcare, Long-term Care or other related industry experience is an asset
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.