WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Job Type : 12-month contract (maternity leave)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
WSP is currently seeking a Communications Specialist to join our Marketing and Communications team in Canada, with a key focus on executive communications. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with WSP in Canada's President & CEO and support senior leaders to develop, maintain and execute a variety of communications deliverables that are consistent with national strategic objectives and priorities.
In collaboration with regional and national stakeholders and members of the Marketing and Communications team, you will help bring a voice to WSP Canada's leadership team through effective internal and external communications and drive employee engagement and action.
The role reports to the Senior Communications Manager, Canada. This is 12-month contract (maternity leave).
- Plan, research and write high-quality communication deliverables for WSP Canada's CEO and members of the Canadian Leadership Team, including speeches, weekly email bulletins, speaking notes, video scripts, correspondence and reports
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across business lines to deliver integrated communications, provide input on executive communication opportunities, and review materials to ensure consistent tone and style
- Set and manage processes to complete deliverables on time including coordinating translation, stakeholder reviews, production reviews and approvals
- Identify events and opportunities through the CEO's calendar to develop a schedule for regular internal and external communications, including social media
- Project manage and execute the CEO's quarterly employee townhall, including strategic planning, messaging and communications and event logistics and programming
- Track monitor and report on metrics across key communications channels and deliverables
- Actively contribute to editorial planning, suggesting content ideas and appropriate project timelines.
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills to successfully work with colleagues in a complex, matrix organization across Canada, and positively represent the Communications team
- Ability to synthesize complex materials to craft creative, persuasive language and compelling messaging for a variety of audiences, including national audiences
- Exceptional writing, storytelling and editorial skills, for a variety of audiences and channels
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of WSP voice, language style and brand guidelines
- Demonstrated project management capabilities to prioritize, multi-task and effectively deliver a variety of concurrent projects in a demanding environment and under tight deadlines
- A keen attention to detail to ensure accuracy, completeness and thoroughness of all work products
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years' relevant professional experience, preferably in a national, multi-site company
- Bilingual (French / English) considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- High energy, reliable and enthusiastic team player
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.