Corus Entertainment and Global News has an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Motion Graphic Artist located in Toronto
- Are you proud of your accomplishments and value a collaborative team environment?
- Do you have a flair for combining art and technology to communicate ideas and information?
- Would you like to join an award-winning design team that is part of the most innovative news organization in the country? About the Role
Reporting to the Managing Art Director your role and responsibilities will continue to define the look of News content on all platforms. You have a creative flair with a strong visual sense that will have a big impact as an integral member of an award winning News Design Team. You are passionate about news, motion design and 3D animation and can demonstrate your talents and exceptional graphic skills as part of your portfolio.
- Possess a combination of creative and technical skills with hands on abilities in Adobe CC and 3D animation software.
- Maintain a good understanding of media production processes and on-air graphic technologies.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines and meet strong quality assurance expectations.
- Use good client facing skills to deal with a large number of stake-holders in satisfying their needs and take original ideas from concept to completion.
- With a strong creative flair, conceptualize and create daily news graphics and maintain show branding for various programs and digital platforms.
- Liaise with editorial staff in regard to daily production requirements and work closely with producers and directors in the creation of content for our off-air, on-air and digital platforms.
- Participate in and provide relevant information for daily editorial meetings.
- Perform other duties as required. About You
What We Need From You:
- A University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Graphic Design or Media Arts
- A minimum of three years of professional graphic design and computer graphic software experience.
- Must be able to work various shifts as required.
- You are confident in your creative ability and have a keen drive to stay up to date with new and constant changes in graphic software, current design methods and practices.
- Must have leadership qualities to give and take direction.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Studio Max or equivalent 3D applications. If You Have the Following....We Want to Hear From You!
- A passion for story telling using 2D and 3D motion design and how they can be applied to informational graphics.
- Experience with Architectural Design and Virtual Set Technologies would be a definite asset.
- A background in Journalism or copy writing would be a plus.
- You are a team player with a positive can do attitude Why Corus?
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.