WHO WE ARE
Tonal has built the world's most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our in-house creative marketing team. This role requires a visionary and highly technical designer with the ability to work with initial teams to develop design systems and brand framework to apply at every touchpoint. Equal parts production designer and conceptual thinker, you will work collaboratively with copywriters, marketers, and developers to create world-class campaigns and uphold graphic standards. Working with the creative director, you will define the look and feel of the brand while writing and maintaining the rule book on style, type, color, and asset production. You will work in lockstep with our Associate Creative Director and Design team to develop easy to understand, compelling, and highly aspirational graphics for marketing campaigns and assets.
The ideal candidate has the ability to think big but also dive into the details; has both marketing and brand experience; maintains high personal standards; and is an exceptional error-free graphic communicator.
This position is based in Toronto, Canada and reports the Creative Director.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Study design briefs and determine requirements and business objectives
- Design graphic content, illustrations, and infographics at a high-quality level with efficiency
- Repurpose master campaign assets and concept smaller digital programs
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Liaise between the product, marketing and design teams to ensure product is shown and positioned accurately and deadlines are met
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic with a keen eye for visual details, aesthetic skills and understanding of the upscale fitness market and technology trends
- Work with copywriters and creative director to produce final design
- Amend designs after feedback in a time efficient manner
- Create flawless files and coordinate outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven graphic designing experience in brand and marketing, especially building systems
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus