Do you thrive on autonomy and pushing the boundaries of what you can accomplish? Do you like to experiment with new ways to solve complex problems? At Elastic Path we encourage a culture of invention, empower our people to Be Remarkable and operate in a real-time learning environment.
Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.
A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable Senior Leadership Team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away.
What to expect as Elastic Path's Sales & Marketing Operations Manager?
?RevOps' is a newer industry method to how companies approach core operations needs that have been traditionally siloed. This approach centralizes and streamlines the technical overhead across Marketing, Sales, and CS, coordinates the processes and workflows between systems, and creates a unified, end-to-end technical operations strategy.
As the Sales and Marketing Operations Manager at Elastic Path your goal is to drive growth through operational efficiency across the entire customer lifecycle. Your primary day-to-day focus will be to optimize and support our Salesforce.com (SFDC) system, our sales team from a process perspective, and run our pipeline calls. You will work closely with internal stakeholders and external contractors to support our Marketo instance and ensure we have the necessary methods in place to ensure smooth lead hand-of processes and data integrity. This position will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with teams throughout the company including: Customer Success, Partners, Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Executive, and external vendors.
Leveraging a strong understanding of current SFDC best practices and trends, combined with a technical background with SFDC and Marketing Automation products, the Sales and Marketing Operations Manager will consistently refine and automate sales and marketing processes to ensure efficiencies and maximize data-driven decision making.
What impact will you have?
As a key member of the sales and marketing team, you will leverage your systems expertise to maximize efficiency and streamline the sales and marketing functions. You will have full accountability for sales and marketing operations.
You will also:
- Provide hands on administration of Elastic Path's SFDC and Marketo accounts: ensuring data integrity, while monitoring the lead flow and compliance.
- Administer, configure, and enhance Salesforce using declarative tools including: custom fields and objects, workflows, validation rules, page layouts, record types, process builder, flows, reports, and bulk data load utilities (e.g. Data Loader)
- Help gather requirements, prioritize, and develop automated sales reports/dashboards
- Provide ad hoc support to sales team members on Salesforce and other tool-related issues, and support ongoing training efforts
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of our Sales and marketing stack including SFDC, Marketo, Altify, Ebsta, DiscoverOrg, Sage Intacct and LI Sales Navigator
- Monitor and ensure adherence of processes by working directly with the sales and marketing teams and serve as an escalation point for the resolution of a process or system issue
- Drive pipeline analysis and track activity metrics that help inform decisions/actions at the sales rep and sales org level
- Work directly with Marketo contractor on an as-needed basis to ensure system integrity and maintenance
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to the Senior Leadership Team
- Assist with SFDC and Marketo workflows and oversee projects that help build a higher quality prospect database
- Work directly with sales team members to help support the new hire onboarding process
- Track established company KPIs and goals for both the sales and marketing teams and report results
- Collaborate with sales leadership to set-up, maintain and modify sales territories
- Own data integrity between Salesforce.com, Marketo, and other company systems
- Improve the Salesforce integration with marketing automation system (Marketo), coordinating sales and marketing teams on lead generation, marketing campaign management, and client acquisition
- Identify opportunities for sales process improvement and facilitate the implementation of new programs to streamline processes and improve efficiency
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- You possess 4+ years of sales operations experience (in a tech company preferred)
- Hands-on experience administering Salesforce.com and related tools
- Solid understanding of the complex relationships between the databases and systems of Salesforce and marketing automation tools (Marketo preferred)
- Strong experience with sales and marketing processes, lead capture, and order flow
- You enjoy the challenge of consistently refining and automating sales and marketing processes to ensure efficiencies on the team
- You like to analyze data, and provide reports and recommendations
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be able to share changes and findings to a variety of teams timely & effectively
- You're results-oriented and driven; you have a track record of meeting and exceeding your goals
- You have enthusiasm for building and supporting a great relationship between marketing and sales.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, self-motivated, and able to work independently and cross-functionally
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits and have a menu of offerings that are highly competitive wherever you may be located
An Exciting Future
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.