Waiward is a respected construction and maintenance service provider that operates one of Canada's largest fabrication shops based out of Edmonton, Alberta. Our mission is To Be Your Trusted Partner which ensures we act with integrity in all that we do. Through planned growth and development, we have kept our commitment to provide our customers with an unsurpassed level of service. Waiward's historical and future success is grounded in our collective commitment to our core values.
At Waiward our priority is our personal commitment to and belief in caring for each other, creating an incident-free culture focused on; planning and acting to reduce health, safety, environmental, and quality stressors, participation and accountability, leadership and building competency and acknowledging good work.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Marketing and Communications Specialist manages online and offline communication. Responsibilities:
- Coordinate external and internal communications;
- Draft media announcements;
- Write content for company website and maintain company website;
- Support the projects and estimating departments with external communications regarding current and potential projects which may include:
- RFQ responses;
- Development of presentation tools;
- Preparing correspondence to customers;
- Maintaining various social media platforms to deliver external communications, ensure brand alignment, and educate followers.
- Involvement in the corporate newsletter by assisting in gathering information; preparing and editing articles; designing graphic presentation; producing and distributing.
- Prepare and support executive leadership team on presentations.
- Support the development and maintenance of library style marketing and sales materials.
- Work closely with VP, Corporate Development on sales and opportunity tracking.
- Coordinate intra company communication on sales funnel targets. Qualifications:
- Office Administration post-secondary degree, diploma or certification;
- Experience in Industrial Construction considered an asset;
- Experience with web content management tools;
- Excellent in MS Office;
- Experience with marketing on social media;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
The incumbent is required to work in an office environment with moderate noise. This job may require the incumbent to walk stairs; be outside in inclement weather (slippery surfaces and cold); carrying objects, driving and being exposed to normal office routines.
The incumbent is required to perform light to medium work with a maximum exertion of 50 pounds. The incumbent is also required to communicate with internal and external vendors and clients; view a computer terminal for extended periods of time; and stand and sit for extended periods of time.