CareRx is Canada's leading provider of specialty pharmacy services to seniors. We serve more than 50,000 residents in over 850 seniors and other communities (long-term care homes, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes). We are a national organization with a large network of pharmacy fulfillment centres that allows us to deliver medications in a timely and cost-effective manner. We take an active role in working with our home operator partners to promote resident health, staff education, and medication system quality and efficiency.
Whether you do your best work in a dispensary, in a clinical setting, in an office, or on the road, we have a place for you.
CareRx is seeking a Graphic Designer to support our new brand. This position is located in the Toronto, ON area and will be a full-time 6-month contract position. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced designer to build out the visual language of our organization. This position reports to the Manager, Marketing and Communications.
Your Day To Day
- Update existing materials and presentations with new brand and content
- Prepare marketing materials, clinical posters, infographics, social media materials, internal documents, PowerPoint presentations, tradeshow exhibits, and other assets
- Develop icons and infographics
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Work with marketing manager and stakeholders to and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Amend designs after feedback
- Work with marketing manager and stakeholders to produce final design
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years in a senior graphic design role
- A strong portfolio of layout and illustration work in print and web
- InDesign (advanced), Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (intermediate), Illustrator (intermediate; charting, infographics, and icons), and PhotoShop (Intermediate; photo retouching and manipulation)
- Proficiency with Mailchimp and Wordpress
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrates the initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Understanding of AODA and WCAG requirements an asset. Most of our communications reach seniors and medical staff and need to be designed for readability
Only applications with a portfolio will be considered. Please ensure to attach your portfolio to your application.
CareRx welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must successfully pass satisfactory background screening (depending on the role
- Criminal Record Check, Credit Check, Driver's Abstract, Education Verification, Current Professional Registration) and referencing. Background screening will be completed after an offer of employment has been extended and accepted.