How will you make an impact?
You are responsible for the sales of research products and services within the Edmonton territory, serving customers mainly in academic research, and other fields of research and development, as well as quality assurance labs such as in food and environmental testing. The Territory Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
What will you do:
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
How will you get there:
Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in science; biology or chemistry or biochemistry or molecular biology required or equivalent work experience.
2 plus years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit