ABOUT AES ENGINEERING
We are an award-winning, full-service electrical consulting firm illuminating Canada's built environment since 2001. Our focus is simple, we are: Designing a Better Tomorrow
At AES, we enjoy collaborating with clients to explore possibilities and solve challenges. From building assessments to billion-dollar design-builds, we work with leading architects, interior designers, and property managers on projects of all scales. We are a single-disciplinary firm focused on designing electrical, lighting, and technology systems for buildings and infrastructure.
Sustainability, innovation and being at the forefront of technology are integral to our design philosophy. Our team of 130+ skilled professionals are licensed to deliver projects across Canada with offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria. For more information visit www.aesengr.com
We are looking for an experienced graphic designer supporting a team of marketing professionals, engineers and designers to present the unique perspective that demonstrate the critical interactions between electrical, lighting and technology designs for a better tomorrow.
As a senior graphic designer, you understand the optimal balance of key needs and challenges of our clients, our project teams and our support teams. You demonstrate a high level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software and applications, as well as executive and client interaction skills, assisting AES Engineering to generate fresh ideas and concepts, and translating them to impactful visual stories.
To be successful in this role, you will bring several years of high volume, deadline driven experience in client report production, proposal development, brand and marketing material development. The role entails becoming the brand ambassador and provides assurance in brand compliance with all out-to-market materials.
Industry Leader With some of the most innovative minds in the business, challenging and exciting projects are always underway
Fantastic Culture & Location Centrally located close to all the amenities, AES offers a collaborative atmosphere along with a busy social calendar. We work hard but know how to have fun.
- Provide design support across the organization, including working with multiple teams to complete design requests and achieve a wide variety of marketing and business goals
- Drive design projects from conceptual ideation to final product. for multiple channels and audiences, such as: proposals, client reports, presentations, digital & social media platforms, events, meetings, and marketing & business development activities
- Deliver projects on time and on budget
- Communicate with internal clients as necessary to generate ideas and context for design
- Collaborate with various teams and internal clients to brainstorm, conceptualize and bring to life graphical ideas in a creative way
- Ensure brand consistency throughout various marketing and business projects
- Build and manage a library of graphics, digital, videos and all graphical assets
- Show continuous growth and improvement in design capabilities, required technical skillset and character traits
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time, to support marketing and business development initiative of the organization
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of College Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design from an industry recognized school
- Strong portfolio showcasing ability to understand client's requests and visual design principles and techniques, with solid foundation of design decisions
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Clear and professional communication
- Outstanding (internal) client service & ability to form meaningful client relationship
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially in production of compelling Word template and PowerPoint presentation
- Advanced typography and layout skills
- Accomplished range of skills including high-level creative thinking and ideation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support cross-functional team
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage multi-tasking
- Capable of presenting ideas to various level within an organization
- Keen attention to details
- Experienced working in a face-paced and high quality organization
- Experience with photography, video, digital media and motion graphics is a strong asset
- Experience and portfolio from professional services industry is a plus
AES is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds who are eligible to work in Canada.