Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre (SLSFSC) is a leading-edge sport and recreational facility encompassing 325,000 square feet, including an aquatic centre, four arenas and a curling centre, fitness & climbing facilities, an indoor turf, track, and gymnasium. SLSFSC is a not-for-profit organization and a registered charity, governed by a volunteer board of directors. SLSFSC employs over 100 employees who help make a difference in our community's physical and social well-being. We offer a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that promoted excellence in teamwork, community building, and an innovative customer-focus.
About the Position
SLSFSC is looking for an organized and charismatic person to join our marketing team and help spread the word our amazing facility. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, you will support the execution of SLSFSC's marketing communications plan and tactics. This term position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs, with an anticipated timeline of September 21, 2020
- January 10, 2021.
Job Type: FT, Hourly, Temporary (30-40 hrs/week)
- CSJ grant funded position
Availability Required: Monday-Friday, normal business hours
Start Date:This position will start approx. September 21, 2020.
End Date: This position will end approx. January 10, 2021.
Specific responsibilities :
The primary responsibility of this position will be creating inspirational videos for the SLSFSC website, YouTube channel, Member e-Newsletters. Main duties include:
- Video production (ground up): scripting, writing, shooting, editing
- Story-writing for videos, website, member profiles, ?a day in the life? and other marketing materials
- Assist in managing SLSFSC social media channels, website, and event planning.
- Create effective internal/external messages for marketing and sales
- Collaborate with various departments to support their unique marketing requirements
- Must meet the following Canada Summer Jobs grant eligibility requirements: Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident between the ages of 15-30, have an Alberta address and a valid Social Insurance Number.
- 1-3 years relevant experience including: video creation (videography, shooting, editing, writing, scripting), story-writing, and marketing.
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Social media management experience is an asset.
- High degree of knowledge of computers, MS Office Suite, Adobe suite, and video creation hardware/software.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, and positively within a team environment.
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, detailed, efficient, dependable and reliable
- Positive attitude, helpful manner, mature and enthusiastic
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Coachable with a strong desire to grow, learn, improve, excel and offer peak performance
- Passionate about health, physical activity and community