Part of our Strategic and Creative Services (SCS) department, the Account Manager is responsible for the management, maintenance, collaboration, and relationship development with Avenue Living's internal clients, and is the primary client point of contact within the SCS team.
This role requires exceptional communication and organizational skills to ensure our clients receive the highest standard of service and product. The Account Manager must develop good working knowledge of the client's business and all aspects of the SCS team to deliver a high-quality product that meets client needs.
Our team is built on collaboration, idea generation, and strong relationships. We don't let our egos get in the way of innovation, and we take pride in the impact each of our roles has on the overall product.
What You Will Be Doing:
Client Care & Service:
- Plan, execute, and evaluate each client business
- Prepare and provide a brief to the client to ensure all aspects of a project are clearly documented and confirmed
- Oversee projects are on budget and completed within the assigned timeframe, while managing the expectations of the client
- Ensure team members understand project schedules and that delays affect timelines and final deliverables
- Find innovative ways to serve clients who are non-responsive to traditional project steps and processes
- Review and oversee all proofs as the last set of eyes from a quality control perspective on a project before it is finalized by the client or a printer
- Listen to client, respond to all calls and emails in a timely manner
- Ensure all required materials are acquired from the client for project development
- Observe and respect all processes in place
- Provide clients up to date information on their projects
- Provide clear and concise direction and support to SCS team members
- Assist in the creation of creative briefs for all projects to ensure all aspects of a project are clearly documented and confirmed
- Arrange, facilitate, and document meetings between departments to complete client projects
- Ensure the Group Account Director is aware of the status of all projects and deadlines
- Communicate objectives, concerns, and any changes of a project status to the Group Account Director
- Provide departments with client feedback upon project completion
- Act as team advocate and embody overall Avenue Living core values as well SCS team values
- Format all documents according to Avenue Living brand standards
- Demonstrate incredible attention to detail
- Manage multiple projects and maintain tight timelines, often working around strict, and sometimes sudden deadlines
- Demonstrate creative, dynamic, flexible approaches to problems and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Other duties as required
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, or advertising
- 5+ years experience in an account service capacity
- Cheerful and professional attitude
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and imaginative mind
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem-solving skills
- Relationship management skills as demonstrated in negotiation and leadership
- Works well independently and as a team
- Motivated self-starter able to work in a client focused environment
- Possess a passion for your job, professionalism in your role, and a drive to excel
What You'll Love About Us:
- A diverse internal culture driven by our Core Values
- Proud equal opportunity employer
- Inclusive fun working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group health and dental benefits through Manulife
- Annual profit sharing of up to 20%
- Huge opportunities for career progression as our dynamic organization continues to grow
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A leadership team dedicated to employee development and success
About Avenue Living Communities:
Based in Calgary, Alberta, Avenue Living Communities is Western Canada's fastest growing private apartment building owner and operator. We came from humble beginnings in 2006, investing in a few buildings in southern Alberta, and have since grown to manage more than 9,000+ rental apartments in over 400+ buildings in the mid-west provinces.
We cater to all kinds of residents from different walks of life which is highlighted in our diverse offerings. More recently, we have taken steps to offer quality and valuable workforce housing. A term which refers to housing options targeted towards our essential workers such as firefighters, law enforcement, health professionals, city workers, and many more.
Communities is in our name, and it's because we really care about bringing all our communities together. We do this through appreciation events, and listening to channels of resident feedback so we can be the best that we can be. Our community partners solidify our want to bring our communities together through shared values and ideals in all our locations.
However, despite this and our rapid growth, we continue to learn and remain primarily focused on placing our valued customers' needs first, while providing them with quality, value, and a clear choice of a comfortable place to call home.
Job Type: Full-time