As part of the Instrument and Enterprise Services (IES) team (ULS brand), you’ll join a community of service sales specialists who have strong customer relationships and solid knowledge of service delivery within our Fisher Scientific Research and Safety Market Division (RSD).
How will you make an impact?
The Territory Manager is responsible for selling service contracts for the RSD business. In this critical sales position, you will focus on exceeding the sales quotas for our service portfolio by selling and negotiating contracts with end user customers, key decision makers and procurement. You will collaborate with cross divisional & channel distribution partners, product & application specialists, customer experience and business development teams to help drive sales.
What will you do?
- Achieve and exceed monthly & yearly sales goals within assigned territory
- Identify, develop and close large sales opportunities
- Identify customer solutions that span across multiple business sectors and cross-functional stakeholders, and collaborate effectively to execute the sale plan
- Deliver cross-functional customer planning sessions and business reviews of service solutions for various customers
- Develop, implement and maintain account specific strategies/proposals to drive incremental growth opportunities
- Sells new products by applying value propositions by establishing key customers relationships and understanding customer service/support needs
- Utilizes strategic messaging and sales approach for the broader target audience with superior knowledge of our service products
- Support channel/distribution rep to achieve sales goals
- Monitor competitive activity and industry trends, creating competitive solutions
- Submits accurate forecasts, weekly reports, monthly highlights, marketing intelligence, and maintains data integrity within CRM
- Maintain intensity and continually striving to increase contract penetration coverage of instrument install base
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science or equivalent education or experience
- Minimum five years of selling experience strongly preferred.
- Experience successfully meeting or exceeding sales target
- Experience creating and executing sales and/or field marketing plans
- Territory management experience with a focus on developing long-term relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.)
- Analytical instrumentation, laboratory products and services, or equivalent
- Familiarity with the following industries: biotech, clinical, pharmaceutical, academic/medical research, environmental, food, forensics, and petrochemical
- Proficiency with sales software
- Experience managing independent selling or distribution channels strongly preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com