At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva Vault is looking for a Technical Communications Manager to lead a talented team of technical writers. Veeva is an agile organization, with multiple Software Development teams actively developing and maintaining multiple product lines. Familiarity with such an environment and the ability to manage a team that generates timely quality documentation is key to the job. You must be passionate about getting your team to be the best they can possibly be, collaboratively working with the Product Management team, and be committed to producing best-in-class documentation to Veeva Vault's end users.
This is a remote position.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and support a team that creates clear, accurate, best-in-class documentation that enables customers to configure and use Veeva Vault.
- Grow the team of technical writers through selecting, coaching, and developing
- Drive continuous improvement processes for content quality and writer productivity
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to ensure that the documentation is valuable to the intended audience
- Scope and prioritize needs across products and team
- Collaborate with other teams and coordinate the delivery of shared content
- Apply team standards and processes for writing and publishing documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Writing, or a related field
- 8+ years of technical writing experience for an enterprise software company
- Proven track record of building and managing technical communications teams
- Proven experience designing, planning, and delivering content solutions that meet the needs of customers
- Experience documenting complex software systems with cross-product or cross-service content
- Working knowledge of the software development process and cloud software applications
- Solid organization skills with the ability to prioritize, manage and perform multiple tasks with multiple deadlines, responding quickly to changing priorities, and follow-through on all tasks
- Strong team-building and leadership skills. Able to work collaboratively with other teams.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of HTML, Markdown, and Git
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with and understanding of life sciences companies
- Experience with implementing complex content migration projects
- Experience with and understanding of various content management platforms
- Experience writing for system administrator audiences
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
Veeva's headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.