Job Description :
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: London, Toronto
You're a creative communications professional inspired by the question ?Why?? A master puzzle-solver who thrives on the challenge of developing and executing omni-channel marketing communications plans within large, complex organizations. A talented storyteller, who is passionate about clear, compelling, audience-focused communications, no matter what form it takes. And you're comfortable right in the middle of things, making sure everything connects, delivers on objectives and is executed on time and budget.
Our Marketing Communications team is looking for an experienced senior communications specialist.
You'll consult with marketing teammates and internal/external business partners and suppliers to develop creative marketing-communications plans. You'll advocate for our audiences and lead the integrated communications strategies and tactics across internal and external audiences, and sometimes across lines of business. You'll write and creatively execute a variety of communication tactics, working closely with our talented digital/print, design and multi-media teams. You'll also help keep things moving through our processes with your problem-solving mindset and outstanding relationship and resource-management skills.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing communications plans to achieve business goals through collaboration with internal business partners
- Develop creative briefs to guide internal and external content developers, design, multi-media and digital services partners
- Establish and measure relevant KPIs for projects
- Develop, create and execute a variety of marketing communications tactics
- Craft content and copy that's creative, clear, compelling, and customer-focused
- Support brand and communications consistency across tactics and lines of business
- Maintain writing standards and corporate brand identities and tone
- Build open, collaborative, productive relationships
- Problem solve, influence and negotiate
- Keep on top of industry trends, research, and opportunities to initiate new ways of reaching and engaging our audiences
- Manage outside vendors as needed
Competencies and behaviours:
- Five years marketing communications experience, preferably with a creative agency or financial services firm
- University degree in communications, marketing, journalism; or an arts and humanities, business, social science degree with post-graduate specialization in communications, public relations
- Demonstrated experience developing omni-channel, integrated marketing communications plans
- Strategic and creative thinker
- can distill large amounts of complex information into clear, compelling, creative communications that drive results
- Exemplary writing skills, adaptable to print, web, social, video, presentations, etc.
- Excellent presenter
- delivers ideas creatively and persuasively to influence decision-makers
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Prioritizes and balances multiple and often competing priorities
- Fosters collaborative relationships
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Bilingualism is a strong asset (French, Mandarin or Cantonese)
You may be asked to submit a writing assignment.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we've made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company
- Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted