Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the full time winter seasonal position of Retail Sales Clerk, at Fernie Alpine Resort. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, cash handling and computer experience and will be a team player. The primary focus is to consistently meet and exceed the expectations of our internal and external guests through timely, effective and appropriate operations of Sports Alpine Boutique.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- Continually strive to exceed our Guest's experience and to create memories for guests and staff as the best mountain experience
- POS transactions and end of day cash outs
- Assist in merchandizing store to ensure ideal presentation of product
- Know and adhere to the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know and follow all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know and comply with all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- To perform other tasks and duties that are applicable
- Proven experience in retail, inventory control and cash handling,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Must be physically capable and able to lift moderately heavy items, stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items and use stepladder
- Must be available to work days, early evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a winter seasonal role, offering full time hours,requiring flexibility to meet varying business volumes and demands. For the right candidate there may be summer employment opportunities. RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply with resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Kay Chesley,Director of Retail Rental
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Video applications are strongly recommended. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or Zoom.
Safety is No Accident
We are committed to an Occupational Health & Safety Program that protects all our employees and guests. Respect of, and active participation in resort protocols by all employees and visitors every day is necessary for the safety excellence that is expected.