LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 41143
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
Supporting our people. Caring for our communities. Living our purpose.
With our operations declared an essential service, we are continuing to operate and are looking to fill business-critical roles at this time. We require qualified and safety-focused employees to help keep things running. In terms of our current recruitment process, we're doing things a bit differently to adjust to our new ?normal.' We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
We are bolstered by the unity across our community and the solidarity across the world. We continue to encourage you to support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we're responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
As a Senior Advisor with Suncor, you will develop data-informed and strategically aligned advertising, partner on brand campaigns, and drive new media offerings to share the Suncor story. Your goal will be to differentiate Suncor in-market and build both brand awareness and affinity. You will partner with brand strategy, creative services and communications to drive audience engagement with the company, both nationally and regionally.
YOU WILL USE YOUR EXPERTISE TO:
- Manage Suncor brand advertising and marketing efforts
- Advise on and implement advertising and digital marketing strategy in support of corporate objectives
- Contribute to and support collaborative content creation driven by data-informed insights
- Partner with internal Creative Services and external agencies on the execution of creative.
- Steward ad production and ship/traffic ads on social media platforms
- Measure advertising and marketing performance, and make recommendations for improvements including new content ideas
- Research and evaluate new platform and channel opportunities, and lead implementation as required
- Partner with internal groups, vendors and agencies to define and activate audience segmentation across channels
- Build and maintain a keen audience awareness and understand contextual trends and complexities
- Use social listening tools to evaluate and adapt content and audience approaches
WE'D LIKE TO REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE...
MUST-HAVES (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
- A minimum of 7 years of directly relevant work experience
- A post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, or a business field
- Expertise in social, display, and sponsored content with a strong understanding of their impact on brand perception and interaction with organic advertising efforts
- Proficiency in media and analytics tools like Comscore, Google Analytics, DCM, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with traditional and new media and channels (online and offline) including media buying, planning, campaign execution, and reporting
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- A collaborative and team focused approach, and ability to work well with vendors and team members across all levels of Suncor
- A system thinker who can see connection points and use a questioning attitude to surface problems. You constantly ask what could go wrong or how can we make things better, and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, and anticipate potential problems
- A curiosity for current and future market trends and emerging media platforms
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150
- 6th Ave S.W., combined with remote work arrangements in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Irregular hours may be required for external engagement, emergency on-call requirements and operations locations time zone differences
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else
- if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we're doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals