Location: Calgary, Toronto or Atlantic Canada
Our new Marketing Coordinator will have experience developing marketing strategies and plans in B2B environments ranging from small business to enterprise and public sector organizations. This individual will have experience developing content through a number of platforms of advertising and social media outlets that will promote brand awareness for the company. Event planning and developing marketing campaigns will also be a large responsibility of the Marketing Coordinator as needed. Additionally, this individual will develop web content and assist in maintaining the website of the company to keep it up to date with new projects and events. Areas of focus:
- Write and edit content for blog posts, infographics, webpages, emails and social media.
- Monitor and stay current on news and social trends affecting our industry and partners.
- Research and pitch topics for blog posts, videos, and infographics.
- Contribute to Ignite's communications materials through copy writing, editing, and proofreading
- Capacity to work with other teams to create great video scripting, stories, and interesting content that will engage Ignite's target audience
- Assist with the planning and execution of customer/training events, vendor tradeshows and internal employee events.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring our social media strategy in order to stimulate followers, new member leads, improve marketing efforts, and increase brand awareness
- Familiarity with website maintenance; organizing and publishing online content using WordPress
- Upload content to website and update webpages as needed.
- Perform ongoing keyword and SEO optimization for webpages.
- Candidates should have a minimum of one year of content writing experience
- Flexible, fast and adaptable writing ability to tell stories in interesting and compelling ways
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and persuasively
- Ability to research and compile information from a variety of sources
- Excellent writing, grammar, and editing skills.
- Works well independently as well as on a team
- Knowledge of CASL legislation/privacy and how that relates to B2B marketing.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to self-organize, prioritize and work simultaneously on multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines. Organizational and time management skills are essential
- A roll up your sleeves, ?can do? attitude and interest to be a part of a small and dynamic team
- A self-starter with a passion for all things digital and social, following trends and ever-evolving practices and functionalities on social media platforms and in technology
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A good balance of analytical and problem solving skills combined with creative thinking
- A fast learner, resourceful, and a willingness to take the initiative
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and adapt to changing deadlines/priorities
- Three plus years of experience in the areas related to the position are preferred
Do you have a passion for Marketing and want to join and amazing team? If yes, please email your resume.