Manitoba Blue Cross was born out of a desire to protect our fellow Manitobans during life's most unexpected and sometimes challenging moments. This remains our driving force today, and fuels our ongoing commitment to providing superior health and wellness benefits that are delivered with compassion and excellence in service.
As an independent and not for profit organization for over 40 years, we provide health, dental, employee assistance, disability, travel and life coverage to over half a million Manitobans.
At Manitoba Blue Cross, our people are the key to our success! Consider becoming part of our team of professionals committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Join us as we serve our neighbours to support and strengthen our community.
JOB TITLE Small Group Business Representative (1-Year Term)
REPORTS TO Manager, Products & Individual Distribution
Reporting to the Manager, Products & Individual Distribution, the Small Group Business Representative will promote and sell all small group product lines to groups of 20 or less. The Small Group Business Representative will maximize sales opportunities by using all distribution methods. Develops, maintains and enhances ongoing positive relationships with existing small group clients and advisors through the provision of quality service. Renews existing small group plans and provides an annual experience review.
The Small Group Business Representative analyzes specifications, prepares proposals, participates and conducts presentations to existing small group and prospective clients. Ensures all documentation is completed and enrollment is conducted. This position can require a significant amount of travel within Manitoba.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells new small group plans through direct prospecting and select independent advisors, including:
- educating consultants, advisors and prospects about Manitoba Blue Cross, our plans, and a way of doing business;
- analyzing specifications received and preparing proposals;
- presenting proposals to the consultant, advisor and / or prospect;
- identifying prospective small group clients;
- sales calling on prospective small group clients;
- analyzing prospects' needs and preparing proposals;
- presenting proposals to the client or prospect;
- co-ordination of the production of booklets, contracts and administration materials;
- ensuring all necessary help is provided to carry out the set-up of the plan with the consultant, advisor and /or client; and;
- ensuring all necessary internal synergies are provided to carry out the set-up of plan changes and/or additions with the client.
- Actively sells Life, Disability, Health and Dental plans to new and existing small group clients.
- Completes product, production and activity reports as required by the Manager, Products and Individual Distribution including, but not limited to, weekly sales updates and defined account management plans.
- Maintains records as required on all small groups.
- Take a lead role in ensuring the success of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Assists the Manager, Products and Individual Distribution as required.
- Ensures Manitoba Blue Cross is aware of its position in the marketplace at all times. SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- Completion of post-secondary education, preferably in Business or Commerce, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must obtain and maintain a Manitoba Life Full Life License (LLQP) under new licensing requirements.
- Must be a self-starting, sales-minded individual that is prepared to prospect for new clients, using various lead-generating methods and tools.
- A willingness to enroll in industry educational courses and attend industry related conferences and seminars as required.
- Must demonstrate strong skills in verbal and written communications, as well as excellent negotiation skills.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and excellence in sales ability and presentation skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of office productivity tools, including Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint).
- A good working knowledge of underwriting will be an asset.
- Must have a reliable automobile not more than 5 years old, as per MBC policy. We offer competitive salary, modified benefits, a flex work schedule, and a health and wellness program with an on-site fitness centre. We are committed to creating a rewarding environment to foster learning and development for our staff. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by September 7.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to reviewing your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.