Work Status: Full Time
Location: 25 Dockside Drive
Working alongside Global's Senior Publicist and reporting into the Senior Publicity Manager, the Associate Publicist's responsibilities include media monitoring, media and influencer relations, and writing key press materials for Global and its lineup of hit series. Some administrative duties will also be required.
- Daily media monitoring for Global's programming, along with strategic campaign reporting
- Generate and maximize PR and influencer relations for Global and its lineup of Original and acquired series
- Write and distribute key media materials including: press releases, programming highlights, press kits, show descriptions, and bios
- Manage the art/photography and other related media assets for Global series
- Support Global's Senior Publicist on large-scale campaigns, while also managing a portfolio of series
- Update and maintain media contacts list
- Foster relationships with influencers to generate earned social media for the network and its series
- Other duties as assigned
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD HAVE:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in the arts, public relations or communications
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in entertainment, broadcast or public relations fields
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible to change, new challenges and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in an open office setting as part of a team
- Enthusiasm, creativity, strong organization skills and detail orientation
- Interest in and knowledge of Canadian broadcast industry trends and developments
- Strong computer skills: MS Office, MailChimp, Benchmark, Wordpress etc... Why Corus?
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.