RWDI is seeking an experienced and creative Marketing Communications Manager. This position is based at our corporate head office in Guelph, but we will also consider qualified and experienced applicants who prefer to be located at our Toronto office. A Toronto-based manager must be available to travel to Guelph as needed for key meetings and in-person collaboration with team members based there.
You will be an experienced and motivated leader, who can build and lead a highly effective team of marketing and communications professionals. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will work collaboratively with senior leadership across all areas of our business, designing and implementing marketing and communication strategies that are aligned with our operational and strategic goals. The initial focus of your position and team will be weighted toward business development and marketing communications. As the team develops and grows in size, your role will also include a focus on internal communications and enhancing public relations.
The team you will lead develops and implements traditional and digital strategies to meet RWDI's marketing and corporate communication needs. This includes content creation, graphic design, website support and social media campaigns. The team's responsibilities include:
- Developing content that can be used in proposals and initial offerings to clients
- Articulating our brand image and positioning, achievements, and goals to ensure unified communications, both internally and externally
- Positioning RWDI and senior technical leadership as industry leaders through the creation of content across a variety of platforms, including ghostwritten articles and blog posts
- Creating market-specific materials that support our market-sector strategies and priorities. Working with market-sector leadership to identify and clearly communicate our value proposition for each of the individual and integrated services we provide
- Supporting or overseeing graphic design, video creation and photography
- Developing PowerPoint materials and content to support internal and external presentations, conferences and events
- Managing media relations, including identifying opportunities, creating content and storytelling to support strategic recognition goals in local, regional, national, and international media
- Developing, organizing, cataloging, and consistently updating qualification content, including project pages, project lists, resumes, databases, etc.
- Executing internal, corporate communication and newsletters, including regular website and intranet updates
WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience leading and motivating a professional marketing and communications team
- A curiosity to learn and tell the stories of a company whose mission is ?Redefining possible?
- Expertise on related marketing and communication trends, best practices, new technology and innovation
- Excellent written and oral skills with a creative flair for generating content that is compelling, informative and achieves the intended strategic marketing goals
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns, both traditional and digital
- Experience dealing in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands with a proven ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing communications, communications, journalism or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
A minimum of 7 years related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud and InDesign
- Please submit your cover letter, a sample of your writing/communications and resume.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.