The mission of the Corporate Communications Department is to inform and engage business, media and industry partners.
As a leader in the Corporate Communications Department, you will be part of the team responsible for liaising with business and industry specific media, while connecting with and informing Aritzia's industry, government, and community partners. As the Diretor, Media Relations, you will play a pivotal role in sharing our story while cultivating strong relationships with media and key stakeholders through purposeful, strategic communications. With your valuable contribution to the business in this role, the opportunities are endless
- from a rewarding career in Media Relations to continued growth and development with Aritzia.
As the Director, Media Relations, you will:
- Evolve the strategy and approach for media relations at Aritzia
- Use your proven knowledge and understanding of the media industry to serve as primary and trusted point of contact with North American business and news media
- Leverage your highly attuned writing skills to develop messaging, public facing statements and press releases as required
- Secure and support targeted earned editorial opportunities for pro-active story telling that amplifies Aritzia's business story
- Advise on and manage issues-based media and public facing requests as required
- Deliver high quality media relations through people, process, and technology
The Director, Media Relations has:
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Business and People Leadership principles
- An ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a passion to continue to develop and grow oneself
- A dedication to operational efficiency, investing in process and systems to improve team and business results
- The intellectual and emotional intelligence to tactically partner cross-functionally in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The skills to set clear objectives and hold oneself accountable to reach your full capability and maximize your capacity
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in public and/or media relations, and the appetite to continuously learn and develop oneself
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add value and drive the business
- A sense of urgency executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- An ability to identify, evaluate, and suggest business opportunities for today and tomorrow, considering top line and bottom line impacts
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known .