Vancouver Coastal Health has an exciting opportunity as the Director, Communications Projects
- Communications and Public Affairs on the Corporate Communications team.
As a complex organization with more than 15,000 staff and physicians, our purpose at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is to come together as one collective team to deliver an exceptional care experience for all. At VCH, we strive to create meaningful connections with our staff and physicians as well as our patients and clients. As Director, Communications Projects, you take the lead on developing strategic plans, facilitating change leadership and executing health campaigns that make a difference.
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications and Strategic Partnerships, the Director, Communications Projects is responsible for providing organizational leadership on communications initiatives that drive change, deliver impact and facilitate better health outcomes.
The Director leads on the development of communications strategies and brand initiatives linked to our vision, purpose and values. You provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams as well as consultants on internal and external communications initiatives.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including management and staff at all levels, government agencies and other health authorities.
- Use a comprehensive knowledge of communication and marketing strategies theories/practices as well an understanding of a complex multi-union health care environment to identify, develop and implement policies, strategies, key messages and initiatives for the organization in line with overall VCH vision.
- Expertly apply knowledge and understanding of the essence and subtleties of communication to ensure exchanges are understood at all levels within a complex internal and external network.
- Apply superior conflict management, critical thinking, judgment and political expertise to present key messages, and persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders, ensuring effective and appropriate communications.
- Identify emerging initiatives, trends and industry best practices and ensures full consideration in the development and implementation of service delivery goals and objectives.
- Use your well developed leadership, customer relations and problem solving abilities to lead a variety of complex and integrated services initiatives and to achieve desired results within critical timeframes.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related communications field, supplemented with ten (10) plus years' experience in progressively more complex senior management/leadership roles in a large, multi-union environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong understanding of stakeholder needs and an acute awareness of the impact of actions.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.