Competition # : 26628
Department : Communications Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Term
Union Status: Exclusion
- Non Union
Closing Date: 9/11/2020
Government's full-service communications agency. We help Nova Scotians understand what their government is doing and why. Communications Nova Scotia is an award-winning full-service communications agency. We provide a complete range of professional communications services to provincial government departments, agencies, boards and commissions.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
Working with the Managing Director of Marketing and the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for leading, producing and implementing marketing strategies that promote public awareness and understanding of government initiatives, Nova Scotia's primary industries and the provincial brand.
Some of the responsibilities in this role will include:
- Consulting, advising, and leading the development of marketing and content strategy for government programs and initiatives.
- Promoting public understanding of government initiatives, programs and services by managing, producing, implementing and evaluating marketing/ digital strategies.
- Supporting the Marketing Director to set content performance goals and to evaluate and adapt marketing campaigns using data and analytics.
- Influencing positive behaviour change through social marketing campaigns.
- Participating in working groups, committees and meetings to coordinate strategic marketing opportunities where information must be delivered to a variety of audiences (internal and external).
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have a university degree in a related discipline and five (5) years' professional digital marketing/communications experience or an acceptable equivalent.
As the ideal candidate you will also possess:
- Extensive background in developing integrated marketing/digital strategies to build public awareness and understanding.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and emerging marketing and digital media tools, platforms, and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience preparing social media analysis to inform digital content strategies, communications plans and decision making.
- Experience in producing, editing, and writing content for various digital/social channels.
- Experience in developing content marketing strategies.
- Proven record of collaborating as part of a fast-paced, strategic, and solution-minded team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
The incumbent will be a strong writer with proven editorial skills and experience working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
Leadership competencies required at this level of work are:
Conceptual Thinking, Strategic Orientation, Outcome Focus, Initiative, Effective Interactive Communication, Partnering and Relationship Building, and Intercultural and Diversity Proficiency.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs.