Competition # : 26686
Department : Business
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion
- Non Union
Closing Date: 9/11/2020
Nova Scotia is creating one of the most competitive and business-friendly environments in Canada. We're clearing the way for sustainable private sector growth to make this province a more attractive place to do business and encourage entrepreneurship.
The Department of Business works with Crown corporations and special operating entities to facilitate common understanding and alignment that will achieve inclusive economic growth objectives. We also work with other government departments and levels of government, universities, NSCC and the private and social enterprise sectors to achieve shared growth objectives.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
As the Manager, Business Administration and Corporate Services, you will provide managerial leadership to administrative and professional teams that provide centralized professional advisory services and financial, business and administrative transactional support services and operations in support of a wide range of departmental programs and initiatives.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Leading, coordinating, and tracking the departmental operational budget, forecast and accountability reporting process.
- Ensuring Departmental correspondence and items requiring signatures are tracked and responded to in a timely manner.
- Delivering required outcomes by managing day to day relationships with contract service providers and building management and working within an established contract management plan.
- Developing and implementing administrative procedures to fulfill department needs.
- Working with senior leadership to ensure administrative support services and operations are responsive and continually aligned with program requirements and needs.
- Ensuring the effective management of human and financial resources.
- Fulfillment of Departmental operational needs including computer purchase, phones, office supplies, furniture, accounts payable.
- Direct and indirect supervision of employees.
As the Manager, Business Administration and Corporate Services, you will report to the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- This may be the right opportunity for you if you are a graduate of a university or community college with several years of related experience; an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- You bring an innovative approach to your work, thinking through situations of varying degrees of complexity and ambiguity in order to understand them clearly. You apply your understanding of the business environment, and objectives, to develop solutions without supervision.
- You possess exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a demonstrated history of developing and maintaining relationship with both internal and external stakeholders. You are comfortable working independently while providing guidance to others.
- Leadership competencies required at this level of work are:
- Analytical Thinking, Action Management, Team Leadership, Initiative, Effective, Interactive Communication, Partnering and Relationship Building, and Intercultural and Diversity Proficiency.
- We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs.