Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
We are presently looking for an Associate Director, Marketing.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As a valuable member of the Canadian Commercial Team, you will be responsible for the development of strategic and tactical initiatives aimed at increasing product revenue, profitability and market share. You will use your years of pharmaceutical marketing experience to manage the lifecycle of Taro's existing product portfolio, while working to grow strategic segments of our overall Canadian offering.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develop strategic product marketing plans through insightful interpretation of evolving stakeholder strategies,
- competitive intelligence and overall industry knowledge
- Develop, coordinate, communicate and implement a marketing plan for the company's complete product
- Prepare regular reports and communication on changing market dynamics (political, legal, and economical) and
- potential impact on industry, customers and company
- Manage the intake of competitive and industry intelligence to identify risks and opportunities that exist within
- existing portfolio and future pipeline
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Service in identifying competitive opportunities or potential risks to
- monthly performance targets.
- Manage complete lifecycle of product portfolio, including launch strategies, pricing and sku optimization, market
- share and penetration targets through to product discontinuation
- Lead the preparation and submission of long-term and annual product sales budgets and quarterly estimates
- based on historical performance, external and internal factors and sales intelligence
- Develop and maintain complete database on all active marketed products by Taro
- Identify, prepare, communicate and monitor product sales targets and product promotions to ensure revenue
- and profit targets are met
- Working with Trade Marketing to ensure all digital and print material related to product information is relevant,
- up to date and effective
- Working with Commercial Operations, develop product and sales promotions to reduce inventory obsolescence
- Manage customer listing grids to ensure appropriate inventory and allocation of product, ensuring superior
- customer fulfillment and listing retention
- Working with Director of Commercial Operations, Demand Planning, Supply Chain and Customer Service to
- ensure product supply meets with demand expectations
- Manage our Market Research team, ensuring timely and accurate market information is produced on a monthly
- and ad-hoc basis, using IQVIA, Neilson and other data sources as required
- In collaboration with the Sales and Commercial Finance teams, set annual sales objectives, promotional allowances
- and profitability objectives to establish agreed upon growth and market share targets
- Work with Business Development and Portfolio Management to identify and recommend future product opportunities,
- in line with company goals and objectives
- Work with a cross functional team related to pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities
- Hire, coach, develop and mentor a Best in Class marketing team
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits when required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of a University degree, preferably in Science or Business
- Minimum of 5-10 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience (preferably in the generic industry)
- Experience working with IQVIA with advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple internal stakeholders such as Supply Chain, Quality, Business
- Development and Sales
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, navigating multiple priorities
- Experience working within a global environment, an asset
- Solid understanding of the Canadian pharmaceutical market
- Strong strategic aptitude
- Strong business acumen
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities
- Quickly adapts to a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional multi-tasking and time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Dynamic leadership skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume via Isarta referencing Associate Director, Marketing in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.