Responsible for selling Compressor Products International (CPI) products and services to existing and new customers within assigned territory(s). Excellence in relationship building, customer service and providing service and parts compression solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Makes sales calls on a regular basis to all existing customers and potential customer locations within the defined geographical boundaries of the sales territory to identify sales opportunities.
- Promotes and sells all CPI products and service offerings, identifying key customer requirements and showing customers how our products or services satisfy those requirements
- Negotiates and closes sales deals
- Continually researches and compiles listings of prospective customers to create sales leads.
- Gathers sales leads from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, websites, and other sources.
- Continually grows the CPI sales penetration and opportunities within the territory.
- Identifies each customer or potential customer's needs and expectations to establish a successful customer-supplier working relationship.
- Follows-up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction and expand business opportunities
- Quotes prices, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customers for their orders based on knowledge of CPI's production and delivery schedules.
- Maintains and updates data about their territories and accounts.
- Prepares and submits weekly call reports, weekly expense reports
- Prepares and submits monthly sales reports at the conclusion of each CPI financial month.
- Other duties as assigned
- Answer telephones in a professional and positive manner in line with the CPI Phone Etiquette procedure.
- Self-confidence, persistence, initiative and enthusiasm
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to build rapport and gain trust
- Good organizational skills and self-discipline required to manage their time effectively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to cope with uncertainty, stress and long hours.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) oriented
- Education in Engineering (Mechanical, Instrumentation, Process) or similar
- Strong interest or experience in Technical Sales and Territory Management.
- 3-5 years of experience in Oil & Gas with Refinery or PetroChem preferred, specialization in gas compression would be considered an asset
- Valid driver's license for company travel, prospecting new locations, or customer visits.
- Legal ability to work in the Canada.
- All required & company specified HSE tickets
Working Conditions: Must be able to travel 90% of the time. The technical sales field is highly competitive and technical sales representatives are under constant pressure to maintain and expand their client base.
Long work long hours are required and may be required to entertain customers in the evening.
Must have the ability to handle a large geographic territory(s) and travel frequently. May be required away from home for several days or weeks at a time.
Physical Demands: Medium Work
- Lifting 35lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 60lbs.
Position Specific Actions: Average Day This Position Will Spend:
- Stand/Walk: 4-6 hours
- Sitting: 4-6 hours
- Driving: 4-6 hours
- Operating Computers: 1-4 hours
Hours Worked Per Day: 8 hours
Repetitive Motions: Simple Grasping, Pushing & Pulling, Foot Movement, Fine Manipulation, Finger Dexterity
This Position Will Require The Following:
- Extensive Travel: Frequently
- Bending: Occasional
- Squatting: Occasional
- Climbing: Occasional
- Meet Deadlines: Frequently
- Carrying: Occasional
- Extended absence from home: Frequently
- Twisting: Occasional
- Reaching: Occasional
- Keyboarding/Typing: Occasional
- Work under pressure: Frequently
- Professional Image: Frequently
Work Environment Exposure: Chemicals, Cold, Dampness, Fumes/Gases, Heat/Humidity, Heights, Noise