Job Description :
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $170.4 billion in total assets under management as of July 31, 2020. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience
- we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
Reporting to the Director, Employee Communications, the Senior Manager, Employee Communications will lead the development and implementation of strategic employee communications for IGM Financial, IG Wealth Management and Mackenzie Investments to ensure our leaders and employees are well-informed, engaged and contributing to IGM's success.
The Senior Manager provides strategic communications counsel to IGM senior leadership. This individual leads the communications team for IGM Financial and serves as senior editor for all IGM publications, including employee bulletins, leadership bulletins, Intranet sites and stand-alone communications. They are responsible for the development and enforcement of communication protocols, standards and style guides for IGM Financial. This individual is responsible for developing annual communications plans for clients, assignment of work, professional development, mentorship and overall management of the team.
The Senior Manager is a member of the IGM Internal Communications team located in Toronto and Winnipeg. This role is based in Winnipeg, Manitoba; occasional travel is required (e.g. to the other IGM offices in Canada). The Senior Manager leads a team of three employees located in Toronto and Winnipeg.
- Provides IGM senior leaders with strategic counsel, communications planning and execution on major corporate initiatives
- Provides company CEOs and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) with strategic planning and support around leadership engagement and communications
- Provides strategic counsel to internal clients
- Develops annual communication plans for key clients submitting editorial content on a regular basis (ie: Corporate Responsibility, Human Resources, employee committees, etc.)
Team leadership and development
- Provides leadership to the IGM writing team, including professional development, mentorship and evaluation
- Leads and coaches team around proactive, innovative, metric-based strategic communications
- Responsible for team assignments, scheduling and workflow
Senior editorial oversight
- Serves as senior editor for all IGM employee communications including employee and leadership bulletins, Intranet sites and stand-alone communications
- Develops and enforces communication protocols, standards and style guides for IG
Education, Experience and Leadership Competencies:
- College diploma in Creative Communications or Bachelor of Arts Degree in English or Professional Communications preferred
- At least 7 years' experience in corporate communications ideally with a 1-2 years of people leadership
- Must excel in team motivation and management, including ability to coach and support the team's career pathing
- Must have experience developing and executing strategic communication plans, including ability to analyze, measure and report on communication effectiveness
- Superior research, writing and editing skills with proven attention to style, tone and detail
- that drive compelling content across multiple channels and platforms (digital, print and in-person)
- Versed in all forms of organizational communication channels & platforms including creative, video production, print, social media, digital and intranets
- Demonstrated project management skills with experience in managing multiple, diverse projects and tight deadlines with a high degree of autonomy, while maintaining timely, high-quality work across the team
- A proactive, creative approach and mindset favouring partnership, innovation and continuous improvement with ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the business and within the HR and Employee Communications team
- Work hours may vary; some evening and weekend work may be required; incumbent should be comfortable self-managing their time and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Occasional travel may be required to other IGM office locations or conferences in Canada. Position has the flexibility to work from an office location or from home, preferably a combination of the two.
- Active membership in IABC or CPRS, pursuant to designation
Please provide 3 writing samples with your application, including one strategic communications plan.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the ?apply for this job? icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the ?email this job? option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by September 14, 2020. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is L8.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.