What is the opportunity?
As our Business Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to establish and grow long-term relationships with new and existing small business clients. Your strong passion for small businesses, as well as your entrepreneurial spirit and aptitude, allows you to support your clients through holistic advice conversations regarding their business and personal needs. Applying your mindset for external marketing and client acquisition, you will develop new business, deepen client relationships, and help all small business clients succeed. By partnering with other RBC specialists across the organization, you will contribute to helping RBC achieve a dominant market position.
What will you do?
- Drive business sales volume, and business and personal solutions, through opportunity spotting to enhance revenue opportunities
- Generate referrals and sales results while ensuring superior client care
- Build internal and external networks and implement an effective prospecting strategy to capitalize on business opportunities and attract new business
- Lead in risk management and exercise due diligence in all banking procedures and develop appropriate action plans in response to concerns/risks
- Deliver financial advice that is value added and apply a continuous improvement approach to achieving superior Client First experience
- Visit your clients on-site to gain a thorough understanding of their business objectives and operations, as permitted
What do you need to succeed?
- Ability to cultivate long-term client relationships, as well as acquire new clients
- Business development and prospecting skills, including building and leveraging valuable centres of influence within the local business community
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Credit skills and knowledge, including an understanding of risk assessments and financial analyses, credit structuring/solutions, and deal presentations
- Proven sales success demonstrated by exceeding sales targets
- Knowledge of a broad array of business and personal financial products and services, as well as financial statements, analyses, and risk assessments
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to build close relationships, do challenging work, and work towards personal and professional growth
- Flexible work/life balance
- Ability to make a difference and have a lasting impact on your clients' business and personal life
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL09
Required Travel(%): 51-75
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/13/2020
Req ID: 269963