Direct communication support such as speech writing and presentation development for leadership is provided as required. As the Manager, you will also work to enhance communication both within the business and between other business lines in the Bank. What will your role be?* Plan, develop and execute employee communication strategies and tactical plans including positioning, key messages, sequencing of activities and coordination with other communication partners. * Manage and evolve the programs communication delivery channels (e.g.
Scotiabank Live page) * Support the design and maintenance of common terminology, translations and tone across the program. * Track and monitor progress against defined project milestones. * Plan, lead and execute internal and external events that align with the overall strategic priorities. * Develop strong and trusted relationships for the purpose of effective communications.
SKILLS YOU ALREADY HAVE * RELEVANT UNIVERSITY DEGREE
- Journalism, Education, Communication/Public Relations * 5-8 years of communications experience * Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to select/design appropriate diagnostic tools (surveys, interviews, groups) and identify change implications
- Demonstrated thought leadership in internal communication best practices
- Experience in building communication strategies, events and idea storyboards
- Excellent writing, analytical, proofreading and verbal skills
- Excellent judgement and decision-making
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and react quickly within a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint, intranet, Connections and other social media tools
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Financial Services acumen considered an asset
- Fluency in Spanish considered an asset
This role is located at 90 Wynford Drive Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity. At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be