Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
Align Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: ALGN), makers of the Invisalign® system, and iTero® intraoral scanners, is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices which focuses on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. Align Canada opened its first office in the heart of downtown Toronto in 2017 after more than 15 years servicing the Canadian market. With a trajectory accentuated by accelerated growth and innovation, Align Canada continues to reinforce its consumer presence as the most advanced clear aligner system in the world while building a highly regarded employer brand in Canada, being certified as a Great Place to Work in 2019.
Are you ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The Sr. Manager, Consumer Marketing is an unapologetically passionate marketing leader who thrives on building brands that consumers love. This leader is excited to anticipate the consumers' needs, develop leading edge strategies and tactics, and builds implementation and execution plans that will drive the understanding and usage of iTero Intra Oral Scanners and Invisalign clear aligners with consumers and professionals, in Canada.
From our Canadian headquarters in downtown Toronto, the Sr. Consumer Marketing Manager will be responsible for leadership of the Canadian Practice Marketing team ensuring strategic alignment and delivery against challenging consumer and professional channel initiatives, goals and KPIs.
The ideal candidate is an innovative digital marketer who always thinks digital first and has a test and learn approach as their central mode of operation. Demonstrating a hunger for challenge, they live to execute with excellence, are dedicated to the details; while never loosing sight of their superior understanding of the consumer (the end-user) and the customer (the doctor). Reporting to the Canadian Director of Marketing, and also working in very close partnership with peers in the North American Marketing teams, this individual is experienced working in a complex environment of multiple stakeholders and decision makers in the purchase decision.
Experienced working a global organization, this individual must demonstrate an ease to work through a matrixed and evolving environment; demonstrating their expertise to build effective cross functional relationships and influence stakeholders across the consumer, professional and sales teams.
Collectively you will contribute to the continued aggressive growth of the Canadian business and will support our goal of being a trusted and valued partner for all Invisalign Providers; engaging, training and supporting them to deliver an optimal Invisalign patient journey. The successful candidate must be passionately customer-centric, a self-starter with a proven ability to execute and work independently.
In this role, you will...
- Lead a cross- functional team, demonstrating a commitment to values based leadership demonstrating a clear dedication to Agility, Consumer and Accountability
- Continuously work in close collaboration with multiple internal and external partners, including agencies and demonstrating an unwavering commitment to the shared goals and objectives
- Exhibit a bias towards action, while fueled by collaboration in a cross-functional environment, is comfortable working with little direction and is able to gain clarity of direction despite periods of ambiguity.
- Lead your team to develop, implement and analyze effectiveness of Consumer and Practice Marketing collateral & resources ensuring to support field sales and managers with
- In practice patient conversion
- Practice productivity and efficiency
- Optimal patient experience
- Demonstrate a superior knowledge of consumer behavior, key consumer barriers to adoption and be able to effectively incorporate insights into the development of a comprehensive marketing strategy.
- Have a solid grasp of the consumer media landscape and emerging marketing technologies and trends
- Display that you are a strategic thinker as you lead the Canadian media strategy and planning using an omni-channel marketing approach
- Use strategic insights to develop innovative marketing content designed to engage and inspire consumers to take action
- Identify opportunities to benefit from and lead continuous A/B testing and predictive marketing techniques that to drive consumer conversion
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of local market trends, practice and patient needs, and requirements which allows you to lead the development of the localized marketing practice development execution tactics and local deployment strategy
- Develop and lead the delivery of KPIs, reporting to leadership both results and providing field insights to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs, processes and resources
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills by being customer focused, displaying strategic thinking, having a global and company mindset, focusing on results, and continuously develops skills.
- Leverage all resources and successfully manage the delivery and analysis of marketing programs and projects
- Stay active and engaged with important dental care industry and marketing communities; ensuring to stay abreast of trends and changes in that may impact our business or customers.
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizes tasks based on organizational need and judgment, and handles working independently in remote situations productive while maintaining focus on customer experience, delivery focus and brand strength.
- Be creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently with a high sense of urgency
In this role, you'll need to have...
- Bachelor's degree Marketing or a related field or equivalent experience with preference for MBA graduates
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of similar Consumer/ Brand Marketing experience with a strong preference for candidates who have worked on strong international brands with corporations such as Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson Consumer, General Mills, Kraft, Mondelez, Nestle, etc.
- Preference for candidates agency / SEO experience
- A proven track-record of building and implementing omni-channel campaigns
- A laser focus on understanding customers' needs and related market drivers and building projects and initiatives that address them
- Solid analytical skills for program effectiveness analysis; demonstrating a clear understanding and interpretation of cost / benefit relationships and a clear focus on customers' needs and market drivers
- Unwavering self-initiative and drive for results
- demonstrating the bias to take action & maintain ownership of projects and drive for results through to post-delivery analysis
- Superior communication skills, in written, verbal and presentation formats, demonstrating the ability to synthesize and deliver complex information with clarity and diplomacy
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks demonstrating an attention to detail, troubleshooting ability, and time management
- Committed to providing a consistently high standard of customer service
- Strong project management skills, demonstrating ownership from conception, through delivery and post-delivery analysis as well as problem solving skills.
- Strong focus on teamwork and a proven experience building and leveraging relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Superior computer proficiency including Windows OS, Microsoft Office and internet research ability
- Proven capability to navigate through change and operate with speed and agility
- Flexibility for frequent travel, both local and within North America required (estimated at 25-35%)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and travel to the US.
- The ideal candidate would be bilingual (French / English)
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested.
Not the right fit but still want to become part of our team? Don't worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.