Working for both Ski Marmot Basin and the Jasper Skytram, this position supports a busy marketing and sales team. The Marketing Coordinator will primarily be responsible for content creation, website updates, email and newsletter deployment, online store management, social media content, promotions and events, community activation, consumer shows.
This is a varied and stimulating role, and we are looking for a forward-thinking, outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic team player with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail who has commercial experience to draw upon.
This is a full-time, year-round role, 40 hours per week.
Alberta Employment Standards regarding probationary periods apply.
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Strong, demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and written
- Cultural sensitivity
- Able to problem solve
- Degree in Marketing (preferred) or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience
- Strong working knowledge of all social media platforms within a professional environment
- Promotions and content creation experience
- Exceptional writing and editing, with demonstrated professional experience
- Creative hands on approach to communications and asset production
- Exceptional customer service experience from the ski or tourism industry
- Extensive software and computer skills
- Commercial experience with the Wagtail CMS and Inntopia ecommerce platform
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms and principles
- Graphic Design and good artistic judgement
- Strong intermediate to advanced level skier or snowboarder
- Plan, design, develop, and implement digital marketing campaigns across both Marmot Basin and Jasper SkyTram.
- Gather, research, and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Work independently and with external agencies to create, implement and track digital campaigns.
- Consistently conduct website audits for both Marmot Basin and the Jasper SkyTram
- Prepare reports, briefs, website content, blog articles, news updates and press releases, both planned and ad hoc
- Act as spokesperson and answer written inquiries
- Assist in the coordinating of special publicity events and promotions
- Produce creative and engaging social media content
- Community Management on social platforms
- Understand available reporting tools be able to extract appropriate data and use it to inform future strategy
- Manage both company websites: skimarmot.com and jasperskytram.com
- Keep up to date on current marketing trends
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Year-round
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Thursday, October 1, 2020