Job Description :
Reporting to the VP, Strategic Initiatives, Planning & Delivery, the Assistant Vice President, Advisory Network Strategic Communications is responsible for setting and executing the Communication Strategy for the Advisory Network (AN) and its senior executives.
The Assistant Vice President will work with senior leaders and projects in articulating the key elements of the Advisor Network Vision and important sub-strategies within it, targeting key audiences with relevant messages. The Assistant Vice President will work to ensure all members of AN understand the AN vision, within the context of Canada Life, and are aligned on the working plans to achieve that vision.
This individual will lead a team of 15 staff, with 2 direct reports, who work with partners to combine AN vision with product strategies and corporate communication goals to develop an integrated and cohesive communication calendar. As a senior leader within Advisory Network, the incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with Advisory Network (AN) leaders and partners across our organization.
The role requires the incumbent to translate strategy into actionable work packages for the team.
In addition to board vision, the leader must:
- Support the team in development of tactical plans for projects and business as usual activities of the AN throughout the year
- Ensure that communication strategy is applied consistently throughout all communications and marry the top down messaging with the development and execution of bottom up plans by project.
- Be accountable for skill development of staff; oversee the coordination and delivery of all field-facing communications and the overall communication calendar by channel (air traffic control)
- Play leadership role in working with Individual Customer (IC) and Group Customer (GC) Marketing, Corporate and Brand teams on IC, GC and Corporate advisor and customer messaging
- Ensure stakeholders receive appropriate and high-quality support from the team, as well as be responsible for reviewing all content to ensure accuracy and delivery of appropriate messages.
- Work with AN senior leadership to develop the communication vision and craft an appropriate strategy for AN as whole
- Develop a personal communication strategy for the EVP, Advisory Network, support the development of the brand of that role, and promote that brand internally and externally, by leveraging key corporate partners
- Work with senior leadership to develop polished and professional communications across a variety of media
- Develop communication plans to support tactical execution of business as usual, project and strategic transformation activities
- Define customized approaches to key audiences, both internally and externally, working closely with Customer Experience & Marketing (CX&M), Corporate Communications and Brand, ensuring that strategies and approaches align with the distinct needs and expectations of AN leadership, support and advisors, but with an eye to effectiveness and efficiency across the channels
- Develop tactics which support advisors, advisor support and operations teams; field support, field management and leadership
- Oversee the development of standards guides that can be used by across different work to ensure efficiency and alignment of messages
- Define efficient work processes and build strong relationships within the team and across business divisions (IC, GC, Corporate Communications and Digital Hub)
- Provides input into marketing strategies and tactics in all initiatives
- Prioritizes work with AN, and negotiates priorities in Canada Life wide forums
- Identifies emerging tools / media / channels for communicating with customers, and advocates for investments to enhance marketing and communication capabilities
- Socialize a shared dashboard of analytics and insights on advisor engagement with communication deliverables
- Maintain a calendar of communications and messaging across the AN, and actively manages volume and impact and balances conflicts to promote message clarity and impact
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 12+ years of Marketing & Communications experience
- Marketing degree, Business Communication, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Marketing, Communication studies, Brand communications or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Financial services, distribution and insurance experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership on the development and communication of large-scale strategies and transformation work
- Exceptional messaging skills; develops effective messages and materials that tell compelling stories and help others close sales
- Strong knowledge of emerging media; effective means of engaging customers, holding their attention
- Track record of collaboration and influence when working in cross corporate teams, ability to resolve tensions and lead cross functionally
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of marketing and communications (e.g. creative, production, product/service content creation and messaging, etc.)
- Structured and analytical planning approach; designs appropriate work-back schedules to drive effective implementation
- Applies a structured process to arrive at creativity
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we've made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company
- Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted