Now Hiring Energy Marketing Specialist
The City of Medicine Hat Utilities Business Development Support department is looking for an experienced professional to join their team as an Energy Marketing Specialist. As the marketing lead you will provide analysis and recommendations to the internal customers for business improvements and risk mitigation while forecasting short term and long term energy supply and demand needs. You will administer energy purchase and sales contracts, hedge transactions and investigate new project initiatives. The City's current energy portfolio includes Gas & Oil Production, Gas Distribution and Electric Generation.
To thrive in this role, you have demonstrated business acumen, financial analysis and have extensive commodity marketing knowledge in natural gas. You have strong interpersonal skills with a customer focus to build relationships across the organization and industry. You are a creative problem solver with the ability to influence and promote improvement initiatives. Your analytical ability easily translates into effective presentations for decision making. You are proficient with various business software and have contract administration experience. You enjoy working under pressure in an environment with competing priorities, and are committed to a high standard of customer service.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or accounting from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Five (5) years' intermediate experience in the energy industry with preference for natural gas system delivery or marketing functions
- Electricity market experience will be considered an asset
- CFA, CPA and/or industry recognized certifications considered an asset
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.