Requisition ID: 102144
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: HR Business Partners
Travel Requirements: 0
Part Time or Full Time: Full Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
City: Dartmouth / Stellarton / Calgary
Location: Dartmouth Office
Our family of 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better
- great experiences, families, communities, and our employees.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton's Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
We have an immediate opening for a strategic Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resources team. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources Operations
- Related Business, the successful candidate will work closely with Human Resources Business Partners to support the workforce planning and hiring requirements of assigned functions across Canada. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate their strength in taking a consultative approach with hiring managers at all levels in the organization to ensure a well planned process is applied to each requisition. Building solid relationships and a reputation as a knowledgeable, ethical and influential talent acquisition advisor with leaders, candidates and peers throughout the organization will be key to success in this role.
Our core values are our strength and the foundation of who we are: Customer Driven, People Powered, Community Engaged and Results Oriented. And, our purpose
- We are a family nurturing families
- is our collective passion and mission to nurture the things that make life better, including great experiences, families, communities and the lives of our employees. Our team of Talent Acquisition Specialists strive to provide a positive candidate experience that aligns to our purpose and values.
This role can be based out of our offices in Dartmouth, Stellarton or Calgary.
What you can expect in this fast paced role:
- Own the end to end recruitment of a high volume desk with an average of 20-25 requisitions at a time
- Proactively source talent and build talent pipelines
- Support diversity & inclusion best practices
- Maintain up to date requisition and candidate status in Success Factors ATS and applicable reports
- Build solid relationships with all stakeholders to establish trust and credibility in the delivery of a value added service
- Assume ownership of the total candidate experience, ensuring all company touch points provide a worthwhile experience for candidates
- Support continuous improvement initiatives related to Talent Acquisition
What your resume will demonstrate to us:
- Undergraduate degree and/or college diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in HR or Recruiting capacity including at least 3 years of end-to-end recruitment experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.